Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 Cyl. Nitrous

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Little Big B
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: 2 Cyl. Nitrous Reply to specific post Reply with quote

has anyone tryed nitrous oxide on a 2 cylinder puller. how about nitro methane race fuel? what kind of horse power gains are we looking at? thanks

MLPANKEY

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: 2 Cyl. Nitrous Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yeah tried nitro in a a john it will double the horsepower output of any engine at 100%

MLPANKEY

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: 2 Cyl. Nitrous Reply to specific post Reply with quote

p.s. it sounds good to.

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: 2 Cyl. Nitrous Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How are you going to meter in the extra fuel on demand with a tractor without a fuel pump?
Re-jetting to run E-85 will make almost as much extra power as a nitro mix. With much less time, expense or risk.

ChadS

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: 2 Cyl. Nitrous Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I could have a 200+ hp H? HOLY SHOOT! tell me more!!! ChadS

MLPANKEY

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: 2 Cyl. Nitrous Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i guess top fuel should look into e 85 then its alot cheaper than nitro at 40.00 a gallon. ill buy the nitro if youll bring a e 85 motor to the dyno and she will make more on nitro . Its simple mathematics on btus per pound .

MLPANKEY

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 Cyl. Nitrous Reply to specific post Reply with quote

email me ill tell you it aint that hard ole redneck like me can handle it .

ChadS

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 Cyl. Nitrous Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Im sure its possible to get a good gain from it, but my question would be,, is it safe? Could I put the stuff in the tank, haul it to the pull, and be ok with it being in the tank out in the open sunlight and not explode from the heat? Or is it more of keeping it shaded and cool and pour it in right before the run, then drain it back out when Im finished? Chad

onequestion

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 Cyl. Nitrous Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have one queation for you. How in the world are you gonna light nitro methane off. Especially at 100%. I think you may be stretching that one just a tad. YOU BET! thats to funny!

Drew
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 Cyl. Nitrous Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So tell me, if you really did run this engine on 100% nitromethane, how did your eyes feel after you started the engine?

Little Big B
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 Cyl. Nitrous Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i run E85 and octane booster. and i havnt seen double the hp.

toolz
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 Cyl. Nitrous Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nitrous will add power to any engine, but it must be respected. You can run your B real rich and meter in a slight amount and probably gain 10-15 hp, but to do it right, you need to add the proper amount of fuel with the nitrous by using a fogger nozzle and an electric fuel pump. I have no experience with nitrous on a tractor, but have used it a lot on drag cars. I always used a conservative approach, and never had any problems with it. With a very slow turning small two cylinder, a little will go a long way, so be carefull. And no, E85 won't help a bit unless you have a bunch of compression and a lot of spark advance.

MLPANKEY

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: 2 Cyl. Nitrous Reply to specific post Reply with quote

flaspoint is 110 degrees. much higher than gas or alcohol. its like any other chemical the safest way to handle it is to be familiar with its caracteristics.

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: 2 Cyl. Nitrous Reply to specific post Reply with quote

85% nitro/15% methanol will make more power than E-85.
As for being practical? For all the difference and the problems with nitro, stick with E-85. Get the E85 metered corectly and making frost on the intake manifold. The colder denser mixture will gain some HP. More delta T during the combustion/expansion cycle too.

MLPANKEY

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: 2 Cyl. Nitrous Reply to specific post Reply with quote

you light it with spark plugs then when the heat in the engine builds it burns the electrodes off and diesels down the track just like it does in a fueler .funny man ha ha .dont ever try it its more addictive than drugs just purchased 200 dollars worth today. it also doesnt matter the percentage it is the horsepower gains are equal to the percentages. it removes paint rather easy also.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.