Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuday tools needed.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald Allen
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Nuday tools needed. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've been searching for 2 Nuday tools; a valve seat remover (NCA-600-G) and valve seat replacer (NCA-600-EA). Can anyone help me with my search? I'd greatly appreciate the help.

mhmalcolm
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Nuday tools needed. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken, those are the hydraulic pump valve seat tools. We didn"t have them at the Ford dealership I used to work at in the 80"s.

I replaced them in several pumps by tapping the inside of the seats (I think it was 5/16"?) and making a puller screw using a bolt, nut, washer, and a nut that had a hole large enough for the seat to go inside of when jacking it out by tightening the nut with the bolt screwed into your tapped threads. It may have required the thickness of 2 large nuts but I can"t remember.

I tapped the new ones in with a brass rod. I almost think if you ground the tip of a Grade 2 bolt and used that as a driver with a hammer that it would be soft enough to keep from damaging the seat.

Only dealers that have been around since the 60"s or earlier are likely to have these tools. The dealership I worked for opened in the mis 70"s and we had hardly any of the special tools for the older tractors, but found we could fabricate suitable substitutes for most of them. Before that, I figured you absolutely had to have those special tools or you couldn"t do the job. I found out when a tractor was down, you had to get it fixed regardless if you had the tools or not, thus I learned to use alot of good old American ingenuity to get the job done.

I have worked for dealers of several brands over the years, and none of them have ever had all the special tools needed. You can usually come up with something that will work for most tractors built before 1980. After that, the special tools are more important because alot of repairs just can"t be done without them.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.