Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Asthma inhalers being outlawed!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.Crum
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Asthma inhalers being outlawed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Read this in the paper a couple days ago, by the end of the year.
Seems the CFC propellant in these is now the target of the tree huggers.
I don't need these all the time, but once in awhile especially when Mama decides to light one of those 'scented candles' in the house. She just don't get it but complaining leads to a 3 day silence so I just go to the shop. Looks like whatever replaces the inhalers is going to be considerably more expensive and real inconvient to lug around.

Dave2N
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Asthma inhalers being outlawed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

s.--

Changeover has already occurred and they are already being dispensed. I go NOWHERE without an inhaler--have one in the truck, the van, the Jeep and in every jacket pocket.

On my last visit to the doctor, about a month ago, he gave me a prescription for the new ones. Haven't tried them yet and won't until the others are used up. So--not sure what the difference in the delivery systems are.

Anyway--the "enviro-wackos" will be the death of this country! We must "reduce our dependence on foreign oil" but drilling to get oil of our own??? No freakin' way!

How are things down in "The Valley?"

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Asthma inhalers being outlawed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's all it takes to get three days of peace and quiet?

Michael Soldan
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Asthma inhalers being outlawed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't use an inhaler but when you mentioned scented candles..those damned things can tighten my breathing right up, I told my wife and she quit using them but when we visit our friends they use scented candles and I stuff right up like I had a cold..damned candles

Bill in NorthCentral PA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Asthma inhalers being outlawed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Steve,

I"m about in the same boat. The cold really seems to try my brething quicker. I switched to an Advair discus and don"t use the inhaler anymore. Maybe an option for ya?

Bill

S.Crum
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Asthma inhalers being outlawed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's rarely silent, usually just non-communicative and snippy.

S.Crum
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Asthma inhalers being outlawed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I tried the Advair 9 years ago I believe just after they came out. Didn't do much for me and my share of the perscription cost was 80 bucks. Combivent is/was 22 bucks.

b2785
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Asthma inhalers being outlawed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the new inhaler that they gave me to replace it is called ProAir and its a little smaller than the others. it seems to work ok but for me i have to clean it out more or it plugs up.

the tractor vet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Asthma inhalers being outlawed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep they sure are and the new stuff does not work as we have already been the round with the new stuff. The Dr. and i have had several rounds about this plus the cost of the new junk is three times higher then the stuff that works . Perfume and them #@%^&$#@ candles will put me in super vapor lock mode wright now . Myself i really hate the mad rush to the ER to get the giddy up go shots when i get into the total shutdown vapor lock . Since this problem came about they have done away with just about every med that worked for me and the side affect of some of this new stuff is a death sentence .

NCWayne
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Asthma inhalers being outlawed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't need one myself thank goodness. All I can say is that all of the asthma suffers to join together and raise the biggest ruckus since WW2 and maybe someone will do something. Beyond that all it's just gonna take is just one death attributed to the new stuff, especially if it's a young kid, and the resulting lawsuit just might manage to wipe out all of the tree huggers...Wishful thinking I know but if the majority of people effected by all the new BS coming around nowdays, in all areas of our lives, would raise as big of a stink about things as the tree hugger minority does just maybe something would be done....

Crem
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Asthma inhalers being outlawed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I also try to stay away from those scented candles. They don't bother my breathing but sure are an irritant. Some people have them in their bathrooms and in that small area they just about burn my eyes. I cannot see how anyone would like to have something like that burning. They must not be able to smell.

Trina Ready (KY)

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Asthma inhalers being outlawed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Advair discus 50/500 is $219.90 now.

Bill in NorthCentral PA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Asthma inhalers being outlawed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My prescription plan is pretty good - $20.00 co-pay. Hope you can find something that works for you. How's that highway job near you coming - I heard that they were going to burn those big brushpiles!

Bill

lgc

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Asthma inhalers being outlawed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

steve, i am a pharmacist, this has been comming on for some time. Its illegal to sell the old kind come jan 1. So its not possible to get the old ones now. We are changing everyone over to the pro air. Its the same drug. Just different propellent. Should work just fine. There is really no option. Its true they cost more right now. Price will probably drop in the future as more manufacturers enter the market.

M Moline fan

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Asthma inhalers being outlawed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

And that $219 is for a month's worth, right? Occasionally I have to pick up my dad's prescriptions which includes Advair, by the end of the year on Medicare he's paying it practically all. I wonder what people who can't afford it do, and how much of this is profit?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters