Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NAPA 6V battery

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott1ky
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: NAPA 6V battery Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought a 6v battery today at NAPA. Our TSC store was out of stock on them but they sell them for $59.99. The battery at NAPA was $72.00. I hated to spend an extra 12 bucks but when the salesperson brought out the battery it looked a bit more heavy duty than the ones that TSC sells. It had stronger looking terminals and also nice screw-on type caps. Does anyone know if these batteries are actually better and are more durable than the TSC batteries? I am just wondering if it was worth the extra $12.

Thanks,
Scott

chrisinso.ky
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: NAPA 6V battery Reply to specific post Reply with quote

WHICH BRAND IS IT? I HAVE A BATTERY FROM NAPA IN MINE? I DONT RECALL BRAND, I WOULD GUESS ITS BETTER THE THE TRAVELER BRAND TSC SELLS. THE 6 VOLT FROM NAPA SEEMS PRETTY GOOD. LEFT LIGHTS ON MY 8N AND IT STILL HAD ENOUGH TO START THE TRACTOR. AFTER 5-6 HOURS

Scott1ky
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: NAPA 6V battery Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It actually says NAPA on the battery, so must be their own brand. Not sure who actually manufactures them for NAPA.

chrisinso.ky
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: NAPA 6V battery Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I KNOW MINE DONT SAY NAPA, BUT I ALWAYS HAVE BETTER LUCK WITH NAPA STUFF THEN TSC"S.

WERE ABOUTS YOU FROM SCOTT?

Scott1ky
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: NAPA 6V battery Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Near Elizabethtown, KY, you?

chrisinso.ky
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: NAPA 6V battery Reply to specific post Reply with quote

BETWEEN GREENSBURG AND MUNFORDSVILLE.

Dean in Georgia
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: NAPA 6V battery Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I got my tractor, it had a NAPA battery that wouldn't charge. I had no paperwork with it, but I took it to NAPA and they gave me a new one for free. It has worked great ever since. I put a quick disconnect on the positive terminal so that it won't drain down, and it always has the juice to crank, even in cold weather. My experience with TSC has been cheap imported junk, although they do have good dog food and chicken scratch.

chrisinso.ky
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: NAPA 6V battery Reply to specific post Reply with quote

tsc dogfood alright, but even there chicken scratch is a little pricey for what it is

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: NAPA 6V battery Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Around here, NAPA batteries are EXIDE. Don't know if that is a nationwide thing, though.

R.M. IN AL

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: NAPA 6V battery Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The only things I have found there that is'nt "Pricey" is their nuts,bolts, and washers.I like the buying by the pound.The young girls working there most of the time sells me the higher grade bolts and nuts same price as the std.they don't know the difference I guess. R.M. IN AL

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.