Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3010 3 point hitch left cable

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patrick Dwight Bryant

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: 3010 3 point hitch left cable Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 3 point lift hitch cable from the dash lever to the rear 3 point hitch rock shaft will not move the complete distance up and down. I removed the cable and lubed it up but it still hangs. Any thoughts? I guess I will have to buy a new one. Will it have to come from Deere? Any one know the part number? Or can I buy one some where else?

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 3010 3 point hitch left cable Reply to specific post Reply with quote

AR26810 $150,,Thats a crazy price but thats what came up..

billonthefarm
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 3010 3 point hitch left cable Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I put one on my 3010 last week. Everything worked fine as long as it was nice and warm but the cooler it got the less it wanted to move and when it got cold enough it wouldnt move at all. I tried everything to fix it just ended up buying that high priced son of a gun from deere. Fixed the problem and I suppose it will last another 20 years so what the heck.
bill

Chad Hunter

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 3010 3 point hitch left cable Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you go to a place that sells tractor parts that aint JD dealer then you can get them cheaper. We have one here in Arkansas called The Tractor Barn that sells all the John Deere parts for the 3010 3020 4020 ect. You prolly have one in your area. May be named different but sells tractor parts. I bought one at a salvage yard that was $50.00 and it worked great. Worth a shot.

Gerald J.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 3010 3 point hitch left cable Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It was about $90 for my early 4020 about three years ago.

Gerald J.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: 3010 3 point hitch left cable Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Our 4020 one was hanging up years ago. Me being a cheapscape on certain things I removed it soaked it in my parts washer for a few days then hooked one end in a drill and worked it around and it all freed up and has worked fine for several years now.

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: 3010 3 point hitch left cable Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes that's what I was thinking too,These parts have went up so much this past year or so I don't guess at them any more, that's what I like about the Deere site, you can find out how big of 'check' you will need when you go to town..I've bought so many parts the last few years I should get invited to the dealer Christmas party Smile

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.