Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lift arm extensions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2146 north

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Lift arm extensions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got myself a dearborn mower cheap, the parts to attach it to the tractor ae costing me. The top link attachemnt was 25 and the lower end ball socket was 45. Heard thelift arm extensions could run around 100. It was suggested that I might be able to make my own (well talk to a buddy who is handy that way and have him do it) but was wondering if anyone has a decent picture of them and maybe I can get an idea how to do it.
Or maybe someone has a better idea.

As always thanks

Bill

schultz47
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Lift arm extensions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is a picture of mine - I also had made a set before I found these out of 3/8" pipe, 2 tees and a straight section. I remember I had to grind the ends of the tees to fit the lift arms, but they worked!

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Lift arm extensions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

schultz47 wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:55:30 06/30/09) Here is a picture of mine - I also had made a set before I found these out of 3/8" pipe, 2 tees and a straight section. I remember I had to grind the ends of the tees to fit the lift arms, but they worked!

Where do those fit? Question

schultz47
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Lift arm extensions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is a picture from the manual...

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Lift arm extensions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I sure don't see that! Open clevis on lift arm and a solid piece on the lift connecting rod that fits into open clevis. Now we have an extension that is solid on both ends??? It is the male/female thing troubling me? Confused

2146 north

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Lift arm extensions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What is the overall length on those? also did you put any kind of bushing in the pipe when you made them.

As always thanks for the help

Bill

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Lift arm extensions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JMOR wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:49:15 06/30/09) I sure don't see that! Open clevis on lift arm and a solid piece on the lift connecting rod that fits into open clevis. Now we have an extension that is solid on both ends??? It is the male/female thing troubling me? Confused

Am I alone in not understanding this? (see other parts of thread)

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.