Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I HAVE SPARK

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brownchristian
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: I HAVE SPARK Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thats all Laughing

FLAcharlie
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: I HAVE SPARK Reply to specific post Reply with quote

well when you LOSE spark, and get it BACK, there is certainly no better feeling.
The same goes for your tractor !
Congrats !

brownchristian
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: I HAVE SPARK Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I never had spark and it is a great feeling. Now just hope it will start once I get it all put back together. Rolling Eyes

Dunk
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: I HAVE SPARK Reply to specific post Reply with quote

brownchristian wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:33:36 08/18/09)
I never had spark and it is a great feeling. Now just hope it will start once I get it all put back together. Rolling Eyes

I am going to celebrate!!!!

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: I HAVE SPARK Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What was the magic single item that gave you spark?

GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: I HAVE SPARK Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JMOR wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:04:18 08/18/09) What was the magic single item that gave you spark?

Yeh....I want to know too!!!

John P.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: I HAVE SPARK Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So what was the problem???

brownchristian
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: I HAVE SPARK Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Went to the auto parts to find parts for my distributor. After an hour of searching through the shelves and a book we found the points. Still no cap or rotor. Gapped the new points. Put a new connection on the coil wire. Nice blue spark.

Now I need to find a cap and rotor. The cap has a number if IBK-1009 stamped on the inside. I find a reference to it online but have been unable to find one for sale. Also found that it is cross referenced to Prestolite 3-129. Maybe one of you gurus know where to find all the info.

BTW, the points were BWD model A81. Really wish I could find the specifics on this distributor.

Dunk
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: I HAVE SPARK Reply to specific post Reply with quote

brownchristian wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:17:08 08/19/09) Went to the auto parts to find parts for my distributor. After an hour of searching through the shelves and a book we found the points. Still no cap or rotor. Gapped the new points. Put a new connection on the coil wire. Nice blue spark.

Now I need to find a cap and rotor. The cap has a number if IBK-1009 stamped on the inside. I find a reference to it online but have been unable to find one for sale. Also found that it is cross referenced to Prestolite 3-129. Maybe one of you gurus know where to find all the info.

BTW, the points were BWD model A81. Really wish I could find the specifics on this distributor.

Distributor Cap
Product Line: Echlin Ignition
Interchange Mfg.: Prestolite
Interchange Mfg. Part Number: IBK1009 ECH AL165
Unit: 36.99 Each

Distributor Cap Rotor # : AL150
That is from http://napaonline.com

They are quite proud of those caps aren't they.

Too bad they won't tell me what they fit.

Last edited by Dunk on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:26 am; edited 2 times in total
brownchristian
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: I HAVE SPARK Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dunk how did you find it so quickly. I consider myself and internet search guru and couldn't find anything. I still can't find it when I do a search on the napa website.

Now can you tell me what distributors this cap fits so I can try an determine what I have?

Dunk
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: I HAVE SPARK Reply to specific post Reply with quote

brownchristian wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:24:26 08/19/09)
Dunk how did you find it so quickly. I consider myself and internet search guru and couldn't find anything. I still can't find it when I do a search on the napa website.

Now can you tell me what distributors this cap fits so I can try an determine what I have?

Go to NAPAOnline, and go to the Parts Pro catalog search.
(I have been on the Internet since before it had pictures, or HTML)

Now on YT parts I find this.

Electronic Ignition Conversion Kit - 12 V Negative Ground - 12 Volt NEGATIVE ground (Also available in 12V POS , 6V NEG and 6V POS - CALL) For the following models using Autolite IAD-6003, IAD6003-2F and IAD6004 distributors (VERIFY your distributor for match): VA, VAC, VAE, VAI, VAO, VAS, 150, 200, 200B, 210, 210B, 211B, 300, 302, 310, 320, 350B, 351, 400, 400B, 430, 440, 441, 450, 500, 530, 540, 540C, 541, 541C, 580CK, 600B, 640, 640C, 641, 641C, 650, 655, 675, 1150, 1155, 1255. Electronic ignition conversion kit, replaces points and condenser with an electronic module. Use with 12 volt negative ground system. MUST ALSO REPLACE CAP (AL165) and ROTOR (AL150) both available from auto parts store. (Part No: 1541)

http://www.ytmag.com/store/parts/casecat.htm

That is on a Case, David Brown, parts page.

Last edited by Dunk on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: I HAVE SPARK Reply to specific post Reply with quote

brownchristian wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:24:26 08/19/09)

If it can be found on the net, Dunk, will find it.
Based on his cap find & the fact that Prestolite made distributors for many applications, I suspect it is a Prestolite distributor. Prestolite as a company went away. probably sucked into BWD or some other company a long time back.

GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: I HAVE SPARK Reply to specific post Reply with quote

BIG FAT KUDO's for Dunk............again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary Cool

brownchristian
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: I HAVE SPARK Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Look what I found.

http://ford8n.com/f8shop/index.cgi?ID=CCTY55&task=show&cat=MANUALS&pgidx=37

Four items down.

brownchristian
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: I HAVE SPARK Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here it is again.

http://www.ytmag.com/store/product_files/IBK1009_12391.htm

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.