Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 way flip over plow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: 2 way flip over plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I never thought I would need an owner's manual for a one bottom plow, but after getting this old Ferguson? Dearborn? 2 way, one over the other, back in shape, I can't figure out when or how it is suppose to flip from the seat. Standing next to it- with the point on the ground, is easy. There is a coil spring above the colter post I need to change, and two - rope pulleys? far forward. Is this the trick? Like a dump rake? The pin will still be in place unless I am missing something... thanks in advance, tony

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: 2 way flip over plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For reasons that would take longer than I care to explain/type I can not post a link to this site.
But if you go to the website in the picture and look under the manuals section I think they have a manual for that plow.
Good luck.

Scott PA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 way flip over plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You have a Ferguson-Lindeman model LP-16 plow, there is a special top link you must be missing with an alignment rod, arm with a roller for the pin release and a fork that goes over one pulley at a time when you raise your 3 point hitch to turn the plow, if you noticed the hole where the top link goes on the top of the plow is one size smaller that the normal top link pin hole.

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 way flip over plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Scott, you obviuosly have one of these things- so the top link has an arm that must fit in the yoke with the coil springs on both sides? sounds like something I can weld up- but it sounds like adjusting the length of the top link would be tough- or was it 22" on the centers period? As for the pulleys, that will be a tough thing to fabricate without ever seeing one... sounds like the top link is 50% of the plow?... that stinks. I guess I will be getting on and off. A wealth of information in one paragragh! Thank you Scott! good night, Tony

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 way flip over plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know about the rest of the world, but MSN has been mistreating me all week, I'm ready to go to broadband. I found that 8n site a few months ago, when I was trying to figure out my fergie sickle bar, could blow it up barely enough to read, but I learned from it. Lately I crash and burn trying to go onto certain sites, this ntractor one shuts me off- so does my mailbox, photo albums, etc etc. Time to join the 21 st century huh? I'll keep trying it tho- thanks ultradog! Tony

Scott PA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 way flip over plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you have access to a fax machine? I could send you a picture of the top link so you can ask the person you got it from if they still have it, you can click on send email to reply.

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 way flip over plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh that ain't gonna happen Scott, that part is long gone. My fax is out of ink anyway. But, I have an idea this top link is 'L' shaped, but the arm is welded on at a certain angle. The part that fits on the front rollers has me stumped until I see one. There are alot of Fergie 2 way plows around here, but all butterfly except this one. I thought it was only missing a piece of angle with a rope attached or something. wrong again. Pics of one will pop up one of these days, thanks again Scott, tony

Scott PA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 way flip over plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can mail you a picture then, click on send email to give me your address, thanks, Scott.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.