Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You painted a 8N what color!!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon Frazier
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: You painted a 8N what color!!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a pic of my restored funk tractor with some questions and all everyone wanted to know was whats the deal with that pink one behind it. Well here she is its a 1952 8N painted two tone pink with the breast cancer ribbon airbrushed not decal's on the hood. This tractor was built for my mother who has been affected by breast cancer. Thank you everyone who keeps requesting to see more of it.

Grand Valley Tractor

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: You painted a 8N what color!!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Brandon,

Well...that's the last time I make fun of a pink tractor of any badge!

Nice story...God bless you and your Mom!

Tim

Paul in Edmonton
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: You painted a 8N what color!!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cool! I hope it goes out in public occasionally to advertise the cause.

My new (to me) 8N is in serious need of a paint job. I'm not going to be doing a full tear down to do the job properly any time soon. (I've got other jobs to do first--like a full restore of my '49 CJ3A--and I still don't have a shop.) The red is actually not in bad shape, no rust there, and good solid paint. But the hood could certainly use a paint job, as it is worn and has some minor surface rust on it. I'm thinking that in the spring, I'll pull the hood off, buy a few colours of Tremclad or something, and let my kids and nieces have at 'er. It should look real interesting!

But then in a few years when I have time and energy to do a teardown/rebuild, I'll restore it back to original colours. (Sooner if the engine dictates. Compression is on the low end of okay, but oil pressure is only ~ 20-25 psi at medium throttle.)

-Paul

T.D. from Iowa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: You painted a 8N what color!!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice neat paint job. You did a neat thing for your mom, and all the other women going thru this.
Hats off to you and your mom.

rusted nuts

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: You painted a 8N what color!!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

kind of stands out . looks real good.

Bob Harvey
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: You painted a 8N what color!!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yaay! Another Canadian heard from !

phillip d
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: You painted a 8N what color!!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow!Is that ever beautifull.What a paint job,what an incredible cause.Oh,check here for another Canadian hear from.

Dunk
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: You painted a 8N what color!!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good Job!!

I lost my Mom to breast cancer Aug 1 1981, a couple of months after I turned 25 years old, Lost Dad to strokes 1 year, 1 month, and 10 days after that.

God Bless...

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: You painted a 8N what color!!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was it kind of rickety standing in the seat to get that photo of the the ribbon on the hood?
Very nice work! Thanks for the photos.

gblj
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: You painted a 8N what color!!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice paint job and good cause.

LeoinMI
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: You painted a 8N what color!!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great Paint job, and for a good cause. I lost my sister to cancer last year. You should take this tractor out for promotion purposes on the fight against cancer. You did a great Job !!

Paul N Texas
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: You painted a 8N what color!!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have thought of doing one of my custom bikes in a dual color of Pink and Purple. We lost our oldest daughter at age 25 to cancer of the mouth and throat. Never smoked or consumed alcohol.. Mom was lost to breast cancer, and sis-in-law has battled breast cancer, and seems to have won. Have many other friends who are battling, or winning the fight. We support the Relay for Life each year, and as many know, the color is Purple for it. I might just do my 8N in the colors to boot. I joke that my personal bike and my tractor are the same, both Ironheads. The bike is a 1980 Sportster, and referred to as an Ironhead "because it is". Of course, the 8N is a Flattie, but is made of iron also...

eddy guerra

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: You painted a 8N what color!!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Brandon...I love the tractor. I know how it feels to lose someone to cancer. You did a wonderful thing. I have a question about the brackets on the fenders. I know they are for a canopy, but where do I find one? I have seen them before, but can't remember where. Thanks again for what you have done.
Eddy

Brandon Frazier
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: You painted a 8N what color!!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the brackets are for a canopy you are correct. the canopies like this are aftermarket. Companies like tisco make them they oonly come in certain colors though ie. red white yellow, blue. We had a pink one made to fit the bows it looks great ill try to get some pictures of it on the tractor.

Dunk
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: You painted a 8N what color!!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Brandon Frazier wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:19:27 10/30/09) the brackets are for a canopy you are correct. the canopies like this are aftermarket. Companies like tisco make them they oonly come in certain colors though ie. red white yellow, blue. We had a pink one made to fit the bows it looks great ill try to get some pictures of it on the tractor.

Waiting......

Question

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.