Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RE: Dearborn buzz saw

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian Allen
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: RE: Dearborn buzz saw Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This was originaly posted by PloughNman on December 22, 2003 at 08:49:57 from (64.18.238.237):

In Reply to: Cordwood saw posted by Jeb2N on December 20, 2003 at 13:24:12:

Jeb-
You got me thinking so I dug out my books. On page 115 of the Peterson/Beemer book Ford Tractor Implements-A Color History, there is a promo photo of a 9N with a buzz saw attached. The index lists the Ferguson saw being made from 1946-1952. I have several Ford/Ferguson System brochures but none show a buzz saw with the other implements. A 1946 Ferguson brochure does list and show the saw, but no where in the brochure does it mention Ford. A late 1945 Ford/Ferguson brochure does list the saw according to John Farnworth A recent conversation with my uncle concerning some information I am gathering for an article in the N-Newsletter, brought out the fact that he remembers driving the '39 9N back into the woods with the saw attached to cut wood, rather than trying to bring the woood to the saw. He said it was just one of the features of the "new" farm tractor that made work a lot easier. A list of Ferguson Suppliers 1939-1948 is on page 114 and states the cordwood saws were made by the Dellinger Manufacturing Company, Lancaster, Penn. Ferguson may have had them made in England with his new TE20 also, just my guess. Also, on page 21 of John Farnworth's excellent book, Ferguson Implements And Accessories, shows an overhaed view of the attachments to the tractor. Two models were made by Ferguson: A-LE-19 and A-LE-A20. The 19 was first produced and had a 8.5in pulley on the saw shaft. The 20 has an 8in pulley. It further states that each required a different length belt and, each had a different guard- the 19 had angular guards, and the 20 had circular. The Dearborn Cordwood Saw was produced from 1947-1949. Two models, 22-1 and 22-44 were made identical except the latter was produced from 1949-? and had better engineering features. It appears they all used a 30-inch blade. I have an original Dearborn A/O Manual for the buzz saw if that'll help you with your restoration. It's easy to say that they were identical, but they couldn't be. One thing Ford needed was to be careful with their new Dearborn line of implements. Not to copy exactly the old Ferguson implements for fear of lawsuit was what the strived for. An example is the cultivator spacing. Dearborn used 16-inches between angle iron frame work as the Ferguson had a 15-inch. Dearborn engineers also raplaced the guide fin with a rolling coulter. Sorry for the rant-I'm home sick today and not much else to do.

Tim
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PloughNman
You mentioned "I have an original Dearborn A/O Manual for the buzz saw if that'll help you with your restoration".
If you still have that A/O Dearborn buzz saw manual, I am interested in it.
Please reply.
Thanks
Brian

MR in MN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Dearborn buzz saw Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.