Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jubilee high volume oil pump?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim (S.E. MICH)

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Jubilee high volume oil pump? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does anyone know if they make a high volume oil pump for a Jubilee?

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee high volume oil pump? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim (S.E. MICH) wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:34:27 03/03/10) Does anyone know if they make a high volume oil pump for a Jubilee?

Coming soon - eMail me for details.

TOH

forddoc
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee high volume oil pump? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

are we talking for the engine or hyds?

Dan
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee high volume oil pump? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are you saying 60 psi is not enough???

Dan

Jim(S.E.Mich)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee high volume oil pump? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am talking about the engine oil pump.
I am not talking about pressure.
My question was about the availability of a high volume oil pump that will supply a larger volume of oil to the bearings.
My tractor does not seem to knock and runs perfect, does not burn oil, starts great, but oil pressure is very low. I think I have greater clearances because of being 57 years old and a higher volume pump would probably be an improvement for the engine. If the problem was pressure output of the pump I could fix that with a heavier bypass spring. I believe the pressure would increase if I had higher volume pump.
I did make a pressure relief valve for my hydraulics and set the pressure to 2600 PSI to satisfy my need for lifting with the 3 point hitch but would like to help supply more oil to all moving parts of the engine.

Jim(S.E.Mich)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee high volume oil pump? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You said email me for details.
Your post says (no emails).
jspencer1ATcomcast.net

forddoc
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee high volume oil pump? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

short of buying a different distributor with a hex shaft, and the newer rotary pump out of a late *01 or *000 series and the tubes that go with it. no. they had a higher flow and pressure setup. You would have to find the tubes at a salvage yard, pumps are available complete.

BILL McINTIRE

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Jubilee high volume oil pump? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I HAVE FORD 9N. MY OIL GAUGE SHOWED LOW OIL PRESSURE. I THOUGHT IT WAS THE PUMP, BUT THE TROUBLE WAS A BAD GAUGE.YOU MIGHT TRY ANOTHER GAUGE

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee high volume oil pump? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

jim(s.e.mich) wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:27:09 03/03/10) You said email me for details.
Your post says (no emails).
jspencer1ATcomcast.net

Sorry - I misunderstood what you wanted. I thought you were looking for a hydraulic pump. If you want to contact me my email is always visible in Modern view - not sure why it doesn't show in Classic. Or simply add oldhokie@verizon.net to your address book.

TOH

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee high volume oil pump? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am unaware of any larger capacity oil pump for 53-64 Ford tractor engines.

Why not just use higher viscosity oil?

Dean

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Jubilee high volume oil pump? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think you have a 'cart before the horse' problem.

instead of using a larger pump to pump more oil that is flowing out all over the place from loose bearings... why not just repalce the worn parts.. get the crank ground if needed.. etc.. etc.. and close those tolerance up instead of throwing more oil out the holes.

stock on a red tiger, a good one will keep oil int he 40+ hot idle.. with alot of wear.. probably half that... and that's still good.. etc.

what oil are you using?

soundguy

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.