Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CASE 1835B Sudden Death of Hydraulics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adam.neusbaum
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: CASE 1835B Sudden Death of Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I dropped the bucket arms down quickly and upon reaching the ground everything hydraulic went dead. No strain sound, engine runs great as always. No motion at all other than minor ground motion from right side only. No bucket tilt or arm up or down. That evening I noticed the "CHARGE PSI" dummy light was on. Does that mean: Charge Pump Service Immediately?
352.342.1384 thanks-adam

Wisconsin Cowman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: CASE 1835B Sudden Death of Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You lost charge pressure could be something wrong in the tandem pumps more then likely. If you have no movement or hydraulics something wrong with the pumps or you could have broken a shaft. I think these models use the u-joints that connect to your engine to pump shaft could have broken those.

adam.neusbaum
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: CASE 1835B Sudden Death of Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe not altogether dead- Because it was about 100 feet from the garage and becaue the bucket was completely flat, I limped the whole way backwards. Hope this helps eliminate something. Thanks for your help.-adam

Kevin Schmidt
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: CASE 1835B Sudden Death of Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can"t remember specifically on the B series, but the c series the implement pump isn"t on the end of the hydrostats like most machines, it is on the rear of the engine. Open up the rear door and it is right below the radiator.

That is where your issue is, plugged suction line, stripped splines, or bad pump.

I have a good used 1835 C charge pump if you find you need one and don"t want to buy a new one

Kevin

adam.neusbaum
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: CASE 1835B Sudden Death of Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks- I will be digging into this shortly.
I really appreciate your time in helping me.

adam.neusbaum
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: CASE 1835B Sudden Death of Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

https://www.colemanequip.com/Case-1835B-Uniloaders-Skid-Steer-Loaders-Parts/Power-Train-vj/TANDEM-PUMP-HYDRAULIC-CIRCUIT-CHARGING-AND-LOADER-CONTROL-VALVE-LINES-0rCv/?#partdiagrams

Shows the Charge pump up front under the foot rest panel area- still easy access. Out of the 4 lines what would you advise I remove first to troubleshoot or else I'm planning on hauling into hydro shop. I'd rather fix myself quite honestly.
Thanks-Adam

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.