Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hupp Dual Drive Transmission

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Hupp Dual Drive Transmission Reply to specific post Reply with quote

While visiting a neighbor this afternoon I glanced at a Ferguson TO-20 that he was loading to scrap. I noticed that it had both a Hupp Dual Drive transmission and a Knoedler seat.

I talked him into holding it for awhile until I could get pricing for him for the Hupp and Seat.

I have no plans to buy either tractor or parts but thought I would pass on the values to him before he scrapped the tractor.

Thoughts?

Dean

Crem
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Hupp Dual Drive Transmission Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would be interested in the Hupp for my tractor. I know of some guys looking for Hupp parts if it wasn't usable. Where is he located? Thanks.

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Hupp Dual Drive Transmission Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Crem:

We are about 25 miles west of Cincinnati, OH in SE Indiana.

He was planning to haul it so the scrap dealer but I've gotten him to hold off for awhile. I'm not sure if he will be interested in splitting it to remove the Hupp, though.

Send me an email and I'll give you his phone number but must OK it with him first. I'll see him again sometime Saturday.

Dean

ohiojim
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: Hupp Dual Drive Transmission Reply to specific post Reply with quote

might pay to part it out, good blocks are rare, parts bring a premium,

ron8n

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Hupp Dual Drive Transmission Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the hupp is worth saving. i have some parts for it. ferg blocks are hard to get

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: Hupp Dual Drive Transmission Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I spoke to the owner again over the weekend.

It turns out that the tractor was his grandfather's and his brother does not wish to part it out at this time. The two brothers have decided to hold on to it for awhile in order to decide just what to do with it. In any event, they have decided not to scrap it.

This is one of those situations where the tractor actually did "run when parked." The tractor was simply retired while still serviceable sometime in the 1970s and parked. It has been sitting in the barnyard since.

Dean

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.