Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shaw r-12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwilcox
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Shaw r-12 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am looking for the aluminum Shaw Du-all name plate for the front engine cover on my R-12 and the half moon draw bar for the rear . Any help or leads greatly appreciated . Thanks

JDemaris
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Shaw r-12 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't think all the R12s had the aluminum front face plate. I've had several with just the steel face without the raised "SHAW" letters, which was probably made by Wisconsin for the standard TE and TF engine-houses. The Shaw factory manuals also show some R12s both ways.

As to the rear arch, I've got an original but don't know of any spares floating around. If you decide to build one, I can take close photos and measurements from one of my R12s.

bwilcox
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Shaw r-12 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Brian

bwilcox
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Shaw r-12 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

does any of your Shaw R-12's have the brake actuaters coming from the rear of the diff housing ? my brake lingage is gone and I sure coud use a picture of them . Thanks Brian

JDemaris
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Shaw R12 brake photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

bwilcox
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Shaw r-12 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks a million for the photos . Do the brake rod pedals have a tab weided on with a hole for the rods . I am assuming as you push down on the pedals the bottom of the rear bkt moves out bringing the top brake rod with it . Can't thank you enough . Brian

ycampguy
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Shaw R12 brake photos Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just picked up an R12 in pieces. someone thought they wanted to extend the frame and put in a bigger engine, so they cut the frame and extended it about a foot. I am looking for some measurements on an original frame as I would like to restore this to original condition. Can you help? Thanks, David

ycampguy
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Shaw r-12 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am looking for some information about an R12T I bought a few years ago. Specifically, I need inforamtion about the main frame as the person who owned it before me cut the frame and lengthened it by about a foot. Can you help me?

David

ycampguy
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Shaw r-12 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am looking for information regarding the R12T. I bought one a few years ago and the frame was extended. I need some measurements off of one so I can get the frame shortened and have it the right length.

Thanks,

David

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.