Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Value of a Dearborn Ford tractor Jack

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
half track

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Value of a Dearborn Ford tractor Jack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is guy near me that has a couple of the Dearborn Tractor Jack accessory that is on original accessories on John Smith's site. He wants me to make an offer. Any idea what I should offer him. I have never seen one sold. Worth getting? It would probably just sit in a corner.

Also, I ended up with an extra transmission for a Jubilee if anyone is needing one in the Nebraska area.

Jason

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Value of a Dearborn Ford tractor Jack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dearborn Tractor Jack = $125-$150 depending on how bad you want it.

half track

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Value of a Dearborn Ford tractor Jack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you. I had no idea as I have never seen one and the guy has been fair with me.
Jason

Bob Harvey
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Value of a Dearborn Ford tractor Jack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Condition is part of the $$$ equation. But even a rusty but complete unit should fetch that. Just buttin' in. HPH, b

Jerry Kirkpatrick
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Value of a Dearborn Ford tractor Jack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It may sit in a corner most of the time (as most jacks do), but it'll be worth way more than what you paid for it when the time comes that you need it. I paid around $75 for mine about 10 years ago, so $125-150 probably isn't too far off.

JK

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Value of a Dearborn Ford tractor Jack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I paid $90 delivered for my complete jack about 3 or 4 years ago. I believe the going rate is around $100 for a complete and undamaged jack.

Dean

rd 2N in mo
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Value of a Dearborn Ford tractor Jack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have him show you how to use it first, then make up your mind. Pretty simple rig.

Devious
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Value of a Dearborn Ford tractor Jack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi guy. If you wish and can get a better deal by buying them both, do it and I will buy one from you if you would like. They should be worth 100 each and maybe you could get them for 80 each as a group . Or what ever, it is up to you. I would like to have one and WILL buy one that you don t need. Scouts Honor. IF I DON~T DIE. LOL Devious

GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Value of a Dearborn Ford tractor Jack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jason;
You ask/said:... "Worth getting? It would probably just sit in a corner."
Yeh.....I thought it was worth haveing one.!!! I used the one I had made, when I stripped and re-painted, my 2N. It sat right on the jack for about a month, and never waiverd. I have also used it for a rear flat tire, i had to take off, and once for when I replaced both front tires. Also good for working on the rear axles, and brakes. JMHO.!!! Beats the heck out of an un-stable fieldjack, doing one side at a time.
I had this one built, out of heavier walled blackpipe for the up-rights. Little more sturdy that way!!!

Gary Smile

Devious
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Value of a Dearborn Ford tractor Jack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Like I mentioned Jason I will buy one from you and help with the price as I can use it in my garage instead of all these blocks I have hanging around. Call me TOLL FREE 1-866-943-3740 if you wish to work it out. Dave

Jerry Kirkpatrick
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Value of a Dearborn Ford tractor Jack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great shot, Gary! Saved that one...why did you choose to crib the front with blocks rather than use the metal piece as in the original?

GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Value of a Dearborn Ford tractor Jack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jerry;
The floor in that outdoor canvas hut, is 3/4 minus gravel, and very pourus. The front bar was/is setting in an area, where the pressure washer was used last. The water from that made a muddy sump hole around, where the front lift bar is. I just used the blocks in the front blocking as secondary safety from the wieght of the engine pushing down, and sliding off the front lift bar. I fig. better safe than sorry.
Should have placed a sheet of 5/8th plywood, under the lift bar, to keep it from sinkin'!!! Laughing

Gary Rolling Eyes

half track

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Value of a Dearborn Ford tractor Jack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will let you know. Thanks for all the input guys.

jennifer408
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Value of a Dearborn Ford tractor Jack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

can you give me the dimensions ?

Tiger Joe
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Value of a Dearborn Ford tractor Jack Reply to specific post Reply with quote

half track wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:01:32 08/04/10) I will let you know. Thanks for all the input guys.

I'd pay $150 for one

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.