Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JD Model L Series 51 Manure Spreader info Needed! (Picts)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatles65
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: JD Model L Series 51 Manure Spreader info Needed! (Picts) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Found this John Deere Model L Series 51 manure spreader for sale. The lady is asking $550. What are these spreaders really worth? Is that a fair price? When were these spreaders made? It looks nice and it does have new tires and the wood has been replaced. Any info on this spreader would be great! Thanks from Nebraska, Andrew.

WCS
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: JD Model L Series 51 Manure Spreader info Needed! (Pi... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The asking price might be a little high. Surely she'd knock $50.00 off the price if you waved cold cash in her face. The side wood looks orignal maybe. I assume it has a new floor. That's the important lumber in it. Since it has the original shields/guard over the drive mechanism and has new tires, I'd say you're getting close at $500. Just my opinion though.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: JD Model L Series 51 Manure Spreader info Needed! (Pi... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Depends on the area and in some areas you could ask puting a 1 in front of that figure for $1550 and get it. The 51 in the series means it was made in 1951. Those tires new would be close to the asking price.

60 acre hillside
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: JD Model L Series 51 Manure Spreader info Needed! (Pi... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cheap, If you need a spreader.

John Harmon
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: JD Model L Series 51 Manure Spreader info Needed! (Pi... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Grab it if that is what you want to collect.It's almost 61 years old in good to better condition as seen in the pictures. A Cheap rebuilder to tow behind your tractor at shows etc. To use in a farm operation,well a newer and more advanced model should be considered.This spreader along with a 50's "A" with a Loader of that era mounted will get a lot of attention at a show.IMO JH

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: JD Model L Series 51 Manure Spreader info Needed! (Pi... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Leroy wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:45:52 10/02/10) The 51 in the series means it was made in 1951.

I've never heard the series of a particular implement meant the year of manufacture. Production of model L & M spreaders began in 1950 and continued into the 60's. I've seen JD gyro-mowers series #1 and doubt they were built in 1901

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: JD Model L Series 51 Manure Spreader info Needed! (Pi... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tx Jim wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:01:56 10/03/10)
Leroy wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:45:52 10/02/10) The 51 in the series means it was made in 1951.

I've never heard the series of a particular implement meant the year of manufacture. Production of model L & M spreaders began in 1950 and continued into the 60's. I've seen JD gyro-mowers series #1 and doubt they were built in 1901
In use spreading all kinds of manure.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: JD Model L Series 51 Manure Spreader info Needed! (Pi... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="JMOR"](quoted from post at 08:24:15 10/03/10)
Tx Jim wrote:
Leroy wrote:

JMOR_photo/Humor/spreadin_wealth_JD2.jpg[/img]

The photo validates my statement on series ????????????

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: JD Model L Series 51 Manure Spreader info Needed! (Pi... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="Tx Jim"](quoted from post at 09:58:07 10/03/10)
JMOR wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:24:15 10/03/10)
Tx Jim wrote:
Leroy wrote:

JMOR_photo/Humor/spreadin_wealth_JD2.jpg[/img]

The photo validates my statement on series ????????????
If you say so? Beats me?

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: JD Model L Series 51 Manure Spreader info Needed! (Pi... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I learnrd that about the spreaders starting with the Model H on this board many a year ago.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: JD Model L Series 51 Manure Spreader info Needed! (Pi... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Leroy wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:13:49 10/03/10) I learnrd that about the spreaders starting with the Model H on this board many a year ago.

Not everything stated on the forum is not the truth the whole truth & nothing but the truth.

All I know is I worked for JD dealer for over 20 yrs in parts,sales & service and I think that the series designation doesn't designate the year model of a piece of JD farm equipment.

I was taught it designates the first group built until some change is made in design of that model

Llama Feeder

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: JD Model L Series 51 Manure Spreader info Needed! (Pi... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have this same model and work it to death on my farm. has never let me down as a daily spreader. And I have plenty to spread. Not a bad price IMO.

BlaineF
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: JD Model L Series 51 Manure Spreader info Needed! (Picts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just paid $700 here in WA for the metal sided version.Looks good to me .Tires cost at least $450.00.I'd buy it.Good Luck BlaineF(WA)

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.