Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MF super 90 hydr. PTO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janhop
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: MF super 90 hydr. PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello,

I am in the proces of restoring a super 90. It took me almost 8 years to find one overhere (I am from The Netherlands, and i found the tractor in France). There are only a few ever sold overhere, and most of them are gone. Mine was used on a railway station to push the wagons out of the way.

I have a few questions about the hydraulic system of the tractor. Mine is a very early model (the serial number plate is missing, but it has the old style lift pump). It has the normal gearbox (without multipower).

When i got the tractor home and cleaned it up, i came acros some nasty surprises: the tractor has had an accident in its life, and the front axle carrier was ripped out of the engine block, so i have to replace the engine, the power steering/pto pump was completely missing, and the pto shaft was missing, and rear cover where the pto shaft comes out replaced with a steel plate.

Also the hydraulic lines from the front transmission cover to the power steering unit are missing. (they mounted an external power steering pump to the engine).

I have ordered the big castings and the pto shaft from a braker in the USA, but for the hydraulic lines of the pto i want to repair it with standard parts/hoses that i have at my work.

I am looking for a hydraulic diagram of the powersteering/pto system, and where the pressures and flow are regulated, so that i can make up the new lines and components like pressure/flow regulators.

I have the parts list and the shop manual, but i want to fix the system with parts that i can order from my local supplier.

Also i have a question about the transmision brake disk, can i opperate trhe tractor without it? Since the linkage to opperate the brake with the clutch pedal also isnt complete annymore.

Looking forward to replies, and greetings from The Netherlands, Jan Hoppenbrouwers.

P. Malin
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: MF super 90 hydr. PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think the information you are looking for is all in a Massey-Ferguson Shop Manual Manual MF-201. I have a super 90 and am referring to that manual myself. You can order one from a Massey Ferguson dealer or find it online or something. I know it discusses hydraulic pumps and pressures, and has a diagram of hydraulics layout. I still have questions myself, but this manual has helped a lot. It also includes related tractor models that some are also good for parts which may broaden your search to obtain parts.

Janhop
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: MF super 90 hydr. PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello,

I already have a copy of an orriginal super 90 parts book, workshop manual and operators manual, and i have the I&T manual that covers the super 90.

But my problem is that most of the hydraulic lines are missing, and also the hydraulic filter and the valve that dumps the hydraulic pto pressure when i push the clutch pedal all the way down. (I dont need this function).

So i am looking for a hydraulic diagram for the pto and power steering system so that i can find out where in the system to put the pressure and flow control valves. A simple ballpen drawing would be great.

Greetings, Jan.

Hand Clucth

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: MF super 90 hydr. PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You need to find the rest of the origninal parts from a wrecking yard. These tractor are very particular about what and how correct the parts are!Lines filter and all. To make it all work right the hydraulic pump needs to be in almost perfet shape and they are getting hard to find. You also need a PTO clucth pack for this tractor and a valve that works off of the clucth in side the bell housing for the PTO and all the powering steering lines that come forth from there.

Janhop
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: MF super 90 hydr. PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a clutch pack that is in good order, and i received a powersteering pump from the USA last week.

The PTO valve in the back of the tractor is there as well, but i am not sure if the guy that last worked on the tractor put it together in the right order.

The valves in the bell housing (powersteering relief valve and the pto valve are there as well, but the pto valve is sticking, and i need to take that one apart also.

I have got a hydraulic diagram now so i know the system is supposed to work, i only need to make up the hydraulic lines between the different parts, and fit a filter, i want to make that with parts that i have at work, since that is a lot cheaper than having parts from the states shipped in.

At this moment i have most things sorted out, but a clear drawing or picture off the way how both the pto valves are supposed to be put together would be great, i have the manuals, but the pictures in them are very blurry.

Greetings, and thanks for all the replies sofar, Jan Hoppenbrouwers.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.