Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

case ih jx 55

View previous topic :: View next topic  
med in ohio
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: case ih jx 55 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OK here is the problem the case JX 55 will start and run a little and then stall. I have flushed the tank, replaced the filer etc… Now here is the puzzling for me part. It only does it when it is cold. No problems all spring summer and fall. Only during snow plow season. Put a heater on the injector pump and it ran, stalled, and then ran without any problems. 2 days later, it ran stalled and nothing. It was not extremely cold today either, 35. It is kept inside. Any suggestions would be great as I am too cheap to send it to the shop.

JDseller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: case ih jx 55 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check the fuel line. I have had several of the newer tractors that just have a plastic line from the tank. It is not rigid. It can hang down in places. That low place makes a place for water to collect. I don"t know why it does not on through but it will stay there and freeze. If you take the tank end off and the pump end and blow air through it. It will clean out. I have had two tractors this fall with this problem. One was a newer CIH. I don"t remember the model. I began seeing more water when we started getting more plastic fuel tanks. I think that they have more condensation.

Roy Ward
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: case ih jx 55 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Same problem here. Did everything I knew. Found the neighbor had same problem with his new JD. Found JD had a fix 12 volt in line fuel. So I put one in my case problem solved. Problem was fuel was draining back into the tank making an air lock in the line to the injector pump.

Fallingbrook
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: case ih jx 55 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a similar problem with my JX55. I keep getting air in the fuel line. The lines are clear and I can see air bubbles coming out of the prefilter. I've replaced gaskets on the filter but no luck. Problems come up when it is below zero(centigrade). The thought of dropping the fuel tank is scary. I'd like to know what I might expect the problem to be. I eventually get it going by pressurizing the fuel tank with air and bleeding the system by loosening off the injector.

I also have a problem with my gear shifter seizing when it is below freezing. after running for a bit it will eventually move after some significant forcing. Any one have this problem? It sounds like water somewhere in the shifting mechanism..but where and how?
Question

Fallingbrook
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: case ih jx 55 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not sure what you mean by "fix 12 volt in line fuel"?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.