Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don't you think it's time

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
37 chief
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Don't you think it's time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just about the time I am starting my mowing and discing business, seams like the fuel price goes up every couple days. I raised my prices last year, and just can raise them again this year. With all the problems going on in the world, most of our middle east oil supply could be cut off in a hurry, then watch the gas price go out of sight. I think we should be drilling for our own oil, in every state,or coast line that has some. Just my opinion. Stan

Dave in GA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't you think it's time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Today's gas prices...I guess that what Hope 'n Change is all about. The last time prices got this high (Katrina?) it was Bush's fault because he was supposedly in cahoots with Big Oil. I might need to somehow convert my tractors to wood burners. There's plenty of that around.

IaGary

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't you think it's time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A little food for thought.

10% of the US oil comes from the middle east.

Ethanol and biodiesel provides 10% of the US fuel supply.

So 90% of the US fuel supply comes from the US.

Lately there have been days that crude goes up and wholesale gas prices go down and days crude goes down and gas goes up.

None of it makes any sense any more.

Gary

hoof print
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't you think it's time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dave, google wood gasification. You could do just that.

Dan in North Houston
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't you think it's time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry to burst your bubble, but over 2/3's of our oil is imported. And it doesn't matter whether it comes from the middle east or Venezuela or Nigeria or Libya or elsewhere. Different refineries are set up to refine different crudes, so a refinery that is set up for Nigerian light can't just switch to Venezuela heavy sour feedstock overnight. What I am trying to say is that if you want to cut out the middle east, then the slack will have to be imported from somewhere else, which is probably less stable than the middle east, and it will cost more in the short run due to reduced refinery capacity and changeover costs. More drilling in the US would help, but there is no way we could ever find enough new oil to reduce imports to zero.

LAA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't you think it's time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its already been found. The Rocky Moutain west has the shale oil and deep deposits to make the USA totally independent, for decades, maybe centuries, not to mention the natural gas that is abundant in every one of the lower 48 states. Whats lacking, on the Republican side is the political will to drill and produce and tell the whacko environmntalists to go fly a kite, the Democrats don't want prosperity so they would never go along anyway.

Offandgone
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't you think it's time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When you get all set up for wood as fuel they will say you can't cut the wood.
Frank

IaGary

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't you think it's time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes I should not have put in the line about 90% of the US fuel supply being from US. Mistake on my part

But it is higher than what you may think it is.

All the fuel imported from Canada is made from oil exported to Canada from the US.

ztw2009
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't you think it's time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

you can complain or look for an alternative energy source your choice

LJS30
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't you think it's time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LAA wrote:
(quoted from post at 04:45:38 02/21/11) Its already been found. The Rocky Moutain west has the shale oil and deep deposits to make the USA totally independent, for decades, maybe centuries, not to mention the natural gas that is abundant in every one of the lower 48 states. Whats lacking, on the Republican side is the political will to drill and produce and tell the whacko environmntalists to go fly a kite, the Democrats don't want prosperity so they would never go along anyway.

If the Democrats don't want prosperity what do they want then?

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't you think it's time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Face it the rich run this country and we have to live with it. For the most part the price of most stuff is a scam at best. Back in 1971 you could buy a new bare bones car for $2500 or less same car now will cost you $15,000 fuel back then was $0.199 per gal. but now it is $3 per gal. So it goes back to the rich keep getting richer and the poor poorer fact of life. And as long as we let the crooks in the white house do what they want it will stay the way it is. Every year they get a raise and what do the poor guys get but a shaft

Bendee

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't you think it's time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

alternative energy 1939-45. charcoal.

LAA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: Don't you think it's time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They want to tell people what to do and how to live, in order to do that they have to get and retain Political power, in order to do that they need a guarunteed block vote, the only way to guaranty that is to keep as many people as possible dependent, its fairly easy because most of the people drawing off the system are too lazy to do anything else.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: Don't you think it's time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

About a year ago I was in Charleston WV and had dinner with a gentleman who sells supplies to coal mining concerns. He told me that we have enough oil shale to get all the oil we need for over two hundred years. The only problem is that you won't buy it! Gasoline has to be selling for $4.00 a gal. for it to compete. Of course that is still cheap virtually any where else on earth. Be glad that you live in the country of cheap energy!

dave2

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Don't you think it's time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Showcrop wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:02:46 02/21/11) About a year ago I was in Charleston WV and had dinner with a gentleman who sells supplies to coal mining concerns. He told me that we have enough oil shale to get all the oil we need for over two hundred years. The only problem is that you won't buy it! Gasoline has to be selling for $4.00 a gal. for it to compete. Of course that is still cheap virtually any where else on earth. Be glad that you live in the country of cheap energy!

Almost $8 a gallon here...........

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.