Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2c-f21 2 point mower pittman bearing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
j.m.jackson
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: 2c-f21 2 point mower pittman bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I"ve got a 2c-f21 2 point sickle mower for my farmall 200. I"m putting it into service and need suggestions on where to get the pittman arm bearing. The one in it now is loose and needs replacing. The mower doesn"t seem to be listed anywhere on the caseih parts site, unlike a 22 mower. Thanks!

LMack
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 2c-f21 2 point mower pittman bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 2C prefix must mean "Two Point Hitch, C, and the F21 is the mower designation. I have a 2C mower and the drive and parts appear to be the same as for the other pitman mowers. Unless someone knows different, I would try the bearing for the other mowers that are listed. You might check to see if the same bearing is listed for all the pitman mowers for which parts are listed. It will take a little time, but if all the bearings have the same part number you should have your answer.

LMack
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 2c-f21 2 point mower pittman bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 2C prefix must mean "Two Point Hitch, C, and the F21 is the mower designation. I have a 2C mower and the drive and parts appear to be the same as for the other pitman mowers. Unless someone knows different, I would try the bearing for the other mowers that are listed. You might check to see if the same bearing is listed for all the pitman mowers for which parts are listed. It will take a little time, but if all the bearings have the same part number you should have your answer.

Jim Becker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 2c-f21 2 point mower pittman bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The first 2 means farmall 200.
The C means Farmall (Super) C.
The F means Fast-Hitch
The 21 is the model number of the basic mower.

If it has a plain bearing pitman, the bushing is M 22 212.
If it has a ball bearing pitman (likely), the bearing is ST 314.
The ball bearing will also have felt washers front and back, M 32 933 (1-39/64 ID x 2 OD x 1/4 thick).
Between the bearing and each felt washer is a retainer M 32 779.

These numbers are probably the same as you found on any other pitman type mower you looked at.

j.m.jackson
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: 2c-f21 2 point mower pto yolk Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great to know, I think you're correct and they're all the same.

Also, does anyone know how to remove the pto yoke from the mower end? I only have half the shaft, and the yoke seems to be a size that is NLA from common sources around here.

On edit, I wanted to note that I've looked at the yoke and it doesn't seem to have a pin or set screw holding it on, but does have a shaft through the middle of it. Just wondering if I'm missing something before I go and really pull on it and deform the shaft.

Last edited by j.m.jackson on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total
j.m.jackson
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: 2c-f21 2 point mower pto yolk Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just went to TSC to look, they've got nothing close to the yoke or shaft IHC used, so I'll beat on the one on the mower this evening to see if I can remove it. Hopefully it's not pressed on.

Jim Becker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: 2c-f21 2 point mower pto yolk Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Two brands of drive shaft were used on that mower. The rear yoke on both is described as "threaded". So I assume they are screwed onto the shaft. In that location, I wouldn't be surprised to find left handed threads.

j.m.jackson
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 2c-f21 2 point mower pto yolk Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are correct, it's threaded, and left handed at that. It came right off with some 'persuasion' of a large adjustable, a large pipewrench, and a 4 pound hammer sized sledge.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.