Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stockton Hich Info.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Beeker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Stockton Hich Info. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I recently purchased a complete Stockton hitch for my 48'VAc, would anyone know the history of this type hitch.? Would like to hear from anyone that has one they are currently using, as I've heard these hitches weren't to user friendly. Thanks for the help.

NickatKY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Stockton Hich Info. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="Michael Beeker"](quoted from post at 01:43:22 08/24/11) I recently purchased a complete Stockton hitch for my 48'VAc, would anyone know the history of this type hitch.? Would like to hear from anyone that has one they are currently using, as I've heard these hitches weren't to user friendly. Thanks for the help.[/quote
Michael here are some pics of a reprinted brochure that was in one of the Case magazines awhile back
[/img]
[img]
Here's a Stockton Hitch on my 44 EXP
[/img]

NickatKY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Stockton Hich Info. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Michael here are some pics of a "kit that was available for the VAC's before Eagle hitch to give them live hydraulics.

Here are some pics of my 44 EXP that I believe was used to develope this kit.It has a Prince Hydraulics Cylinder instead of the Case Cylinder that was used on the prodution kits.I have a production kit that I found in Nebraska,but do not have it on a tractor yet.

NickatKY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Stockton Hich Info. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Michael;
The story I was told by an ex Case employee was that the Stockton CA branch was losing a lot of bussiness to Ford/ferguson over the 3 point hitch.They were also losing dealers.
They supposedly had a local fab shop build some of these hitches and when the brass from Racine saw it they decided to "pick it up" and carry it.
That is why it is called a "Case Stockton Eagle Hitch"
I have bought 3 of these hitches and feel like they are a good 3 point set-up.
Nick

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Stockton Hich Info. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

you do a fine job explainin nick ,, sure learned a bunch when at your placed c, ya jim

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.