Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4430 hydraulics

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eastfork
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: 4430 hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 4430 remotes "chatter". I have a loader hooked in and I go to raise it, it chatters for a few seconds and goes up. It also does it with the disk and cultivator but not nearly as bad. It's been like this for awhile but slowly getting worse. Also the loader has a hard time lifting a 1200 lb bale. What could going wrong and are the two problems related?

Aaron in IL
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 4430 hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got plenty of hydraulic oil? Also is the hydraulic oil filter partially plugged?

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 4430 hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Job one on any hyd issue is CHANGE THE FILTER! Cut it open and look for foreign parts- brass, pieces of linings, etc. Pull the transmission screen and check for the same. Might be PS stuff or brake stuff peeling off.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: 4430 hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Besides hyd filter and sump screen maintenance check stand-by psi. Set it to 2350-2400 psi.

Eastfork
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: 4430 hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I always check the oil and change the filter every year and this tractor gets 75 hours per year. My op book does cover the trans screen, where is that located and how do service it? How do I check standby pressure?

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: 4430 hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The screen lays crossways behind hyd filter and in frt of rear axle housing. Hyd oil requires draining. Plug a 3000 psi gauge in breakaway coupler and move control lever.

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: 4430 hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those It manuals contain just enough info to be dangerous. IT manuals are best used as a dust and grease cover to protect other books.Or to hold door and windows open.
Call 1-800-522-7448 and order the real JD manual
What kind of loader and valve? How is the loader plumbed into the tractor?
Any other hydraulic problems?

Eastfork
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: 4430 hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's an old ezee on loader. The lift is plumbed in one remote and bucket plumbed in the other. The bucket doesn't chatter nearly as much as the lift. The steering seems unaffected during the chatter and the tractor does not have 3 point

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: 4430 hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That does eliminate open and closed center control valve problems.
Any chance the scv's have been tinkered to the single hose/one way cylinder operating mode?

Eastfork
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: 4430 hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've had the tractor for 4 years and don't know much of the history. It seems fine with everything else like the haybine and disk. It is very fussy on oil level. It gets worse when oil drops to add mark. Also no difference with flow control in high or low.

Eastfork
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: 4430 hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It will chatter with other equipment when oil is below add mark

Kerry50
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: 4430 hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

we have a 4430 with a jd loader that does the same thing. I checked the hyd pressure last year and adjusted the set screw all the way in to get minimum hyd pressure. My thot, the hydraulic pump will have to be replaced one of these days. Check your hyd pressure. and adjust according. Agrees with the above poster, those IT manuals just give you enough info to get you into real trouble.

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: 4430 hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Make certain the trans oil screen is clean.
Mother Deere sells an "up time" oil pump for the transmission of those 4430 and other tractors.
With time and wear, while there is nothing really "broken". However the trans pump is getting worn and more oil is seeping past worn/hardened seals. Thus a front pump that is starving for supply oil.
Sensitivity to oil level is a strong clue here.
I wasn't talking about the rabbit-turtle flow control. There is another adjustment for single vs. double acting hydraulic cylinders.
If the scv's are set for single acting. The already straining trans pump will have even more demand placed upon it.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: 4430 hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

b&d
IIRC if the valve is set for single acting cylinder then SCV will not operate a double acting cylinder.

Eastfork
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: 4430 hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can u tell me a little more about that uptime kit. My ops book shows that bypass screw for single vs double but how do I check/clean the screen?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.