Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What I Saw Today, Corning Ark.

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: What I Saw Today, Corning Ark. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, this was an exceptional show, even for Corning which always has a good show. The weather was perfect, unlike earlier years when recent rains would make the show field soggy. Tractor Dan and I left West Tennessee early and got there just in time to get a good parking place.
Dan came by around 5:30 and we left for Arkansas stopping in Kennett Mo for breakfast, then on to Corning Ark by way of Rector Ark and over the Crawley Ridge. The leaves were just turning and farmers were out in the fields bringing in the cotton, rice and soy beans. I took around 170 images and videos and selected some 140 for here. If you see someone you know, please let them know that their photo is on the internet. The Ahrent family provided a lot of the equipment (in it's working clothes and working)If you see a photo that you are interested in, email me and I will forward the full size image along with any extra images that I did not post here.
There were over 200 antique/classic cars at the car show. I always see sometinig new and different at this car show (like and Auburn Boat tail one year).
The folks there were very friendly and the flea market was no exception. There was live intertainment at the stage all day from a square dancing group early to rock bands and country bands probably up into the night after we left.
When floks find Corning, they come back.

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Corning Ark. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This was what it was all about. A large elevator loading barges with soy beans to go down to the gulf and on to parts of the world. Let me know what you think and let my know that you were here. Pass on information to floks that you know that you saw here.
--Walt--

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Corning Ark. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

And the ramp with rails to launch the boat into the water

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Corning Ark. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A large boat launching dolly to launch boats into the Mississippi river

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Corning Ark. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The tow boat Jody McMinn on the left and another much larger tow boat on the other side of the river headed south to New Orleans

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Corning Ark. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The tow boat Jody McMinn sending a launch in to pick up a replacement crewman at the boat ramp.

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Corning Ark. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If I had a tree as big as this, huge cottonwood in my back yard I would have to build a tree house in it. No telling how old this tree is or how many ropes have been thrown around it from barges and steam boats from earlier times.

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Corning Ark. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dan and I stopped in Caruthersville Mo to see the Mississippi river(and find some ice cream) on our way back to Tennessee.

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Corning Ark. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Louis Ahrent firing the boiler of the Advance Rumley with fire wood.

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Corning Ark. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Rumley building speed to work the Case rice thresher

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Corning Ark. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The little "B" may get covered with rice straw like the hay press.

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Corning Ark. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Red neck dually or, it say's on the back "Red neck rice farmer"

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Corning Ark. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Blacksmith comes every year and makes small trinkets

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Corning Ark. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Making cedar shingles

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Corning Ark. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice 1940 "A"

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.