Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

New winch

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heavyduty1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: New winch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got my new NT winch installed. It's rated for 12,000lbs and it pulled my 4020 with loader onto the trailer with no problems. It has also has the wireless remote so I can stay outa the way. Laughing

Jim in Ma.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: New winch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Now - That is the way to mount it.
It makes the winch a lot more versital.

Heavyduty1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: New winch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep, I can take it off the trailer in seconds to keep out of the rain and sticky fingers is another reason we installed it that way. I also installed the 175 amp quick connects for electric.

I had a breakdown this summer on the 4020 in the middle of knowwhere and it sure would have been nice to load it up to work in the shop.

ScottyHOMeY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: New winch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice setup!

Heavyduty1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: New winch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks. Going to paint it all black soon, to match the rest of the trailer.

mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: New winch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you happen to have a picture further out that shows where exactly you mounted it on the trailer?

Yours looks like it's mounted on the tongue, offset to the right.

I'm looking for ideas how to mount a winch on my trailer. Right smack in the middle would be great if not for the 12,000lb jack welded to the front of the trailer deck in the way.

bjb in TX from Ne
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: New winch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That pin holding it looks a bit small...

luv2wrench
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: New winch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

does the truck supply the battery power or does a battery?? looking to see if i should make cables to my truck or not and what type of connections. picts would be nice.

mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: New winch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

bjb in Tx from Ne wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:20:29 11/01/11) That pin holding it looks a bit small...

That is a standard 2" receiver with a 5/8" cross pin, same as any trailer hitch on any truck.

That 5/8" pin is good for towing an 18,000lb trailer. If it can't hold up to the force from a 12,000lb winch, we should all just run and hide.

Heavyduty1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: New winch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mkirsch wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:43:18 11/01/11) Do you happen to have a picture further out that shows where exactly you mounted it on the trailer?

Yours looks like it's mounted on the tongue, offset to the right.

I'm looking for ideas how to mount a winch on my trailer. Right smack in the middle would be great if not for the 12,000lb jack welded to the front of the trailer deck in the way.

Sure do. It's not real clear but this is what I have.

Heavyduty1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: New winch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

bjb in Tx from Ne wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:20:29 11/01/11) That pin holding it looks a bit small...

Yeap, the welder said if I put a snatch block rated for 20k, I would need to drill holes for a extra pin about a foot back from the one that's in now..

Heavyduty1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: New winch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

luv2wrench wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:45:51 11/01/11) does the truck supply the battery power or does a battery?? looking to see if i should make cables to my truck or not and what type of connections. picts would be nice.

The truck (Ford F-800) twin batterys already have a quick connect for the elec motor for the trailer ramps. I just unplug the trailer and plug in the winch. I leave the truck running when winching anything. I might try and get a better pic in a few days of the quick connects and the elec motor setup for the ramps.

Heavyduty1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: New winch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mkirsch wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:35:34 11/01/11)
bjb in Tx from Ne wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:20:29 11/01/11) That pin holding it looks a bit small...

That is a standard 2" receiver with a 5/8" cross pin, same as any trailer hitch on any truck.

That 5/8" pin is good for towing an 18,000lb trailer. If it can't hold up to the force from a 12,000lb winch, we should all just run and hide.

That's why I got the wireless option for this winch, I can hide about 80+ft from the winch, like I did on this test run with the 4020/loader (roughly 12,000 lbs). Smile

Jahaze
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: New winch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What gauge are your quick disconnect cables?

Heavyduty1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: New winch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jahaze wrote:
(quoted from post at 01:08:37 11/02/11) What gauge are your quick disconnect cables?

2 gauge. I ran the winch a couple times and the cables stayed cool.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters