Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sears Roto Spader[tiller]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Shephard
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Sears Roto Spader[tiller] Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This message is a reply to an archived post by muskrat3 on July 29, 2011 at 22:55:21.
The original subject was "Re: Sears Roto Spadertiller".

Any luck finding the manual?

Dannie1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears Roto Spader[tiller] Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Missed the post on the Sears Roto-Spader.If someone is looking for a manual I have one.It is for model No. 785-290045 4 HP VERTICAL ENGINE with com-pression relief.Adjustable width 13"slasher tines.Readily adjust to 14"&26" tilling widths.Full power reverse and direct clutch forward drive combined with cconvenien control center to provide superior handling ease.Sounds like all you had to do was start it and point it at the garden.Tiller is out back somewhere I have no use for manual.

willie8605
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Sears Roto Spader[tiller] Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dannie1 wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:54:48 11/08/11) Missed the post on the Sears Roto-Spader.If someone is looking for a manual I have one.It is for model No. 785-290045 4 HP VERTICAL ENGINE with com-pression relief.Adjustable width 13"slasher tines.Readily adjust to 14"&26" tilling widths.Full power reverse and direct clutch forward drive combined with cconvenien control center to provide superior handling ease.Sounds like all you had to do was start it and point it at the garden.Tiller is out back somewhere I have no use for manual.

Hello, I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you still have this manual available? I just got one of these tillers for $25, and can't find any information online about it. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

willie8605
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Sears Roto Spader[tiller] Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, after much online searching I found one rotospader manual. It's not the same model as mine, but it lookes nearly the same according to the pictures and parts lists.

I would still like a copy of the manual you have, if at all possible, just because it is the exact same model as mine, but this manual I found should help me out a lot!

Here is a link to the manual I found (.pdf): http://www.mediafire.com/view/?g6uaajjwvwadnnc

The guy I bought mine from said there were some seized pulleys and bearings would have to be replaced. I took it apart last night and there are not sized pulleys, the transmission feels smooth (turning by hand), and the only real problem seems to be that the belt was rusted in place on one of the pulleys, which is why I think he thought the pulley was seized. Hopefully I can get this thing running soon!

:EDIT:

Not sure how I did this, but after hours of searching online for manuals yesterday, I found another one online today with a single google search. This manual is for a similar rotospader model #785.292050 (1972, 5HP briggs and stratton, power reverse).

Manual: http://www.phoenixfab.net/RotoSpader/Manuals/OwnersManual.pdf

Also, the webpage containing this manual link has a bit of info about the rotospader, pics, a link to the engine user manual, and a link to an engine parts list for B&S engine model series 130900 to 130999. Here is the link: http://www.phoenixfab.net/RotoSpader/RotoSpader.htm

Last edited by willie8605 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.