Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COLLECTORS WILL HATE ME FOR THIS!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
43warhorse

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: COLLECTORS WILL HATE ME FOR THIS! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I found a 1984 1/16th John Deere 772B road grader new without box today. I was going to added it to my collection, but I could not say no to my boy...I suppose that's why we collect anyways, so we remember our childhood toys. Maybe he will want my toys large and small some day.

Cory

Stan - Florida
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: COLLECTORS WILL HATE ME FOR THIS! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why would we hate someone who bought a good toy for his son? No matter what he does with/to it, the pleasure he gets from it is worth whatever you paid for it.

I kind of figure that my collection is worth (at most) half what I paid for it. But, when I spread it over 20+ years, it's cheaper than most of my other vices.

Stan

ShadetreeRet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: COLLECTORS WILL HATE ME FOR THIS! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Son will outgrow it someday, then you can add it to your collection.

IaGary

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: COLLECTORS WILL HATE ME FOR THIS! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought an IH 3588 2+2 that was in great shape to replace the one I had with nicks and dings on it.

The wife said good now you can sell the old dinged up one. I said nope is going in the group that the grandkids play with.

I have bought several older toys for the grandkids to play with so I see no problem at all with what your doing.

Gary

Mitchissippi
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: COLLECTORS WILL HATE ME FOR THIS! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There's one in museum somewhere I'm sure. That boy playing with yours is what it's all about. Good Job! I love it!

Scott(MO)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: COLLECTORS WILL HATE ME FOR THIS! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would definitely dislike you if you DIDN'T give it to the boy. I have a 1456 IH Tractor with duals sitting on a shelf that has no fenders and is beat all to pieces. But every scratch and ding is a reminder of my childhood. The memories of your youth is something you can't ever put a price tag on.

Scott

thegooseisloose
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: COLLECTORS WILL HATE ME FOR THIS! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ha, I'm sure he will appreciate playing with it a lot more than your shelf would holding it up!

thegooseisloose
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: COLLECTORS WILL HATE ME FOR THIS! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ha, I'm sure he will appreciate playing with it a lot more than your shelf would holding it up!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Memorabilia All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.