Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New shop Toy box

View previous topic :: View next topic  
charlieu
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: New shop Toy box Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My son calls it the Toy Box. It's been a year that I have been working on building the tall addition onto my old shop and reroofing the existing building to match. This week I finally got my first repair job into the new shop for a cylinder head rebuild and rear crankshaft leak. I still have some electrical wiring to do yet. My SIL will be down in two weeks to finish wiring the 120 & 240 plug-ins. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: New shop Toy box Reply to specific post Reply with quote

outstanding shop!!!!!!! looks like you are gonna be hosting the next super secret mens club tractor meeting!!!!!!

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: New shop Toy box Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very nice. It's real satisfying when you can do it yourself. I'll bet you can see it a mile away, well, maybe two. Three? Jim

sflem849
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: New shop Toy box Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow, very nice.

SGTK
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: New shop Toy box Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Now that,,,,,,,,,is a nice place.

colby64
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: New shop Toy box Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks GREAT!!!

The Dukester
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: New shop Toy box Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is a really nice looking shop, inside and out! That good old 450 looks happy as can be "resting" in there.

51M

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: New shop Toy box Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Im liking the super snoot you have up there, got one on my m right now.

JMP
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: New shop Toy box Reply to specific post Reply with quote

nice looking shop I bet you have alot people stopping by to see it and get you to work on there repairs the splitting stands on the 450 look good also were did you buy them are they made to fit many tractors? do you have any sugestion on convertting a 6 volt system to 12 volt I have a tractor to do ? thanks

Duanes
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: New shop Toy box Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Charlie you should have built it about 5 feet taller than you could really see it from the freeway!

charlieu
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: New shop Toy box Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Duanes,

The inside of the shop has a 16 1/2 foot ceiling. I figured that was high enought. The building with the "IH" is visible from the interstate, but you have to look between a few trees and around the roof line of the warehouse that sets to the south. Have you driven by during the day or after the sun had gone down? Going east is the best. Charlie

charlieu
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: New shop Toy box Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JMP,

I'm working on a new alternator mounting bracket that uses a tightner strap across the back, I think you should be able to see it in the pictures. I make the splittings stands that are in the first pictures, and they will fit most all row crop tractors that have a side rail. I'm working on making some brackets that will allow the Front splitting stand to fit the A, B & C series of tractor that do not have side rails. My e-mail is open. charlie

JMP
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: New shop Toy box Reply to specific post Reply with quote

like your alt. bracket do you have a web site with your products on so I coild look at them and get ahold of you to ask question and pricing John

charlieu
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: New shop Toy box Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JMP, you can check out my web site at charliesrepair.com There are lots of special stands for tractors listed along with pictures of alternator kits and mounting brackets.

Redturbo
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: New shop Toy box Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I meet Charlie this summer @ RedPowerRoundUp 2012 in Ill. Then in early November got a H from south western MN. Stored the tractor/trailer @ Charlies shop for couple days while went to eastern Iowa. I love that shop, only hope to have 1 as nice as his.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.