Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kohler Generator Here are the Photos need information

View previous topic :: View next topic  
68rs327
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Kohler Generator Here are the Photos need information Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just bought an old Kohler Generator 2M21.
I would like to know who made the Engine on the Generator? It doesn't have Kohler stamped on the Engine anywhere and would like to know what brand Engine it is? The generator is painted light blue? But looks to be original Yellow? It also has ALD823 painted on the sides? Not Sure what it means. It has a Wico Mag on it.
I would also like to find an original Oil Bath Air Cleaner for the Generator. Anyone know who might have one laying around for sale?

J.T.L.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Kohler Generator Here are the Photos need information Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The engine seems to also have been made by Kohler. It is a an L600. Was used on many models. Go here and check it out. This is page 1. At the bottom, are 4 more pages and a menu for other Kohler Gen-sets.

John
2M21 engine

greygoat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Kohler Generator Here are the Photos need information Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've seen Army Surplus generators with Kohler
made water cooled engines. Kohler did make other
engines before settleing in to make the air
cooled 1 and 2 cylinders that you see in todays
lawn and garsen equipment.

68rs327
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Kohler Generator Here are the Photos need information Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Any of you guys know where I can get an Original Oil Bath Air Cleaner for the L600 engine on the generator?
the adapter to the carb is Part number "A-240868", the air filter was "240259" which changed to "A-241302".

I have searched several placed and called a local Kohler dealer with No luck.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Stationary Engines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.