Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

o/t who has seen new t/v show-shipping wars

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobs old iron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: o/t who has seen new t/v show-shipping wars Reply to specific post Reply with quote

being this thread is about transportation,,watch the new series shipping wars, it's a change from the other shows, Amer-picker,,pawn stars,,storage wars/hunters...kinda different to see how these shippers bid for jobs, and to see how they do it, and on a time schedule, etc, even though we all know shows are set-ups to watch, but different so far...what ya think?

ericlb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: o/t who has seen new t/v show-shipping wars Reply to specific post Reply with quote

havent seen that one yet when is it on and where?, i watched axmen last night, i see this year the producers have ruined that one too, cant stand to watch gold rush, as being around the mining business and having to pass part 46 of the MSHA safety act every year, these bozo's violate several msha rules in nearly every show, if we did even a couple of those things the fines would ammount to hundreds of thousands of dollars, maybe even plant closure, its a wonder somebody hasnt been killed, i think the only reason the whole thing isnt shut down and those guys hauled to the caboose is that the whole thing is staged for tv, its not real

krm
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: o/t who has seen new t/v show-shipping wars Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I didn't think there was anybody dumb enough to try to haul a load across country without license
or would run his truck out of fuel and try to siphon diesel out of another truck by sucking on the hose,but I guess I was wrong.

john in la
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: o/t who has seen new t/v show-shipping wars Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just more made up and fake drama.

Truck
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: o/t who has seen new t/v show-shipping wars Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If Uship wants to stay in business they need to get this show off the air. What a bunch of bozos, hotheads, and showoffs. The kid who ran an unregistered trailer got off lucky.
Bidding for jobs at less than cost is for people who need to get out of business fast. The risks taken on this show were just plain stupid.

It does kinda show how badly people underestimate weight and size on shipments.

bobs old iron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: o/t who has seen new t/v show-shipping wars Reply to specific post Reply with quote

tuesday night, history channel, around 7:00 pm on, your time zones

charles todd
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: o/t who has seen new t/v show-shipping wars Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Interesting show. Some are morons and some cocky. I'm still watching.

CT

thurlow
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: o/t who has seen new t/v show-shipping wars Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was channel surfing and found it; watched about 5 minutes............NEVER AGAIN.

ericlb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: o/t who has seen new t/v show-shipping wars Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks bob will check it out,

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: o/t who has seen new t/v show-shipping wars Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've seen a few of the previews and that's all I need to see. I've already seen enough idiots out on the road pretending to be truckers. I don't need or want to watch more of the same on TV.

bjb in TX from Ne
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: o/t who has seen new t/v show-shipping wars Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Shipping wars is on A&E not history...

bobs old iron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: o/t who has seen new t/v show-shipping wars Reply to specific post Reply with quote

depends who your carrier is and what state.

scotc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: o/t who has seen new t/v show-shipping wars Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Axemen was way over-dramatized already. The boss went to the one kid's house to find him? yeah, sure, he's going to stick around the site and take up the slack the kid left. They probably have half the crew sitting around out of sight while the cameras are on to help add to the drama.

I find it hard to believe that the swamp guy was really that dumb, too.

And the guy with the hernia won't spend any money on anything, but he has a fleet of new Stihl saws?

Formerly PaMike
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: o/t who has seen new t/v show-shipping wars Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have used Uship in the past,and I ran across a lot of shady haulers that really werent legal to do commercial hauling. I just listed a skidsteer that I need moved and I got tons of bids from new Uship haulers who just joined in the last month. It seems everyone is joining Uship thinking they are commercial haulers.

toolz
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: o/t who has seen new t/v show-shipping wars Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I kinda like watching it. I've used Uship several times with good results, but I don't understand the "bidding" wars they have on the show, unless those hauls are set up just for the people on the show. When I've use it, I recieved several offers, and went with who fit my situation the best, not the lowest offer.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.