Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Newest Toy Hauler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
haird350
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Newest Toy Hauler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My new toy hauler. 1980 Mack Cruisliner Western Edition, 290 Cummins infront of a 9 Speed Eaton.

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Newest Toy Hauler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does it have the airbags at the rear of the cab?

haird350
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Newest Toy Hauler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No Air Bags but over all it doesn't ride too bad!

bobs old iron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Newest Toy Hauler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

cool,,,drove cab-overs back in the mid 70's, no air anything...thank --- for new trucks...bet you will be fixing up a little to enjoy and show, while using for what you bought it for... not my trucks [only wish], copyed from web to enjoy.

4010 puller
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Newest Toy Hauler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Id like to have something like this but am worried about insurance/license. Here in Ohio I think you can get by if ur close to home. Going out of state is a little different. Being 6-8 miles from wv makes you wonder what you can get by with before getting into trouble. I think with the gvw, they automatically become commercial vehicles. Not many people are using farm plates anymore either.

toolz
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Newest Toy Hauler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is what I use to haul my toys. It's a Freightliner FL70 with a C series Cummins and air ride/air brakes. I don't farm or haul for hire, so it's licensed as an RV. Plates are $102 per year, unlimited weight and range. Insurance costs $300 per year for full coverage, including hotel stays if broken down (since it's an RV!) It's worth it to me to keep the miles off the pickup, and now I'm safe and legal to haul three heavy tractors.

Welding man
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Newest Toy Hauler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No CDL either, Right? What state are you in Toolz to allow you to license it as an RV? I've been trying to pull that trick for some time but,DMV keeps telling me it has to have living quarters to qualify.

toolz
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Newest Toy Hauler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's correct- no CDL. I'm in Illinois, and according to the law here, living quarters are required, hence the sleeper. We are required to have 4 out of 6 items in the living quarters, such as bed, sink, shower, toilet, heat, etc. which I do not have. That being said, I asked the DMV if they needed to inspect my truck and their reply was "no, just come and get your plates". I've seen daycab trucks here with RV plates, so they must not be too strict. I will have to add 2 more items if I get inspected, as I have heat and a bed.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters