Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

put hood decales on silver king modle 42

View previous topic :: View next topic  
long cases

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: put hood decales on silver king modle 42 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

need the right location of decals on 1950 model 42 . manufactured label his been seen all over tracktor where is rigth spot? thank you

CCer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: put hood decales on silver king modle 42 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Go to related sites on the lower left side of the screen, then click on TractorLinks.com,
click on "other"
scroll down till You find Silver King
click on "visit this site"
look for models, "click on model 42"
There is a picture there from sales brochure.

jfred
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: put hood decales on silver king modle 42 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There are 2 different locations that they put them on the model 42 SK's throughout production. I will look up some brochures and pictures I have of original model 42s in the time period of 1950 and will get back with you on this....probably tonight.

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: put hood decales on silver king modle 42 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's a link to model 42. You can see the decal
in the video. Hal
Untitled URL Link

jfred
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: put hood decales on silver king modle 42 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

After looking up the various brochures, newspapers, and pictures of tractors still in original paint and decals, I can say that it looks like the majority of them had the decal straddling the raised rib on the side of the hood. However some were below the rib. Above is a picture of an original 1951 SK with the decal in the lower position. I can"t find any pattern in the placement of the decals throughout production, which seems to be common on SK"s. So I guess it"s your call...lol.

Jason1Pa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: put hood decales on silver king modle 42 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey El Toro that is me on my tractor!! haha! That was a surprise.. To be honist I'm not 100% sure if i put my decals on correct. I just thought they looked better there. I've seen them put on just about any where. Just like the paint on these Silver Kings anything goes due to the fact the company used whatever they got there hands on. Yes it is harder to put the decals there with the crease in the hood,but I think it's worth the extra effort after its done

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: put hood decales on silver king modle 42 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't think anyone will notice any difference. Hal

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Lesser Known Classics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.