Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(pics) of my log arch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rick2 in ohio
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: (pics) of my log arch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

here is some pics,been to cold to paint it.

Old Roy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: (pics) of my log arch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No reason that shouldnt work looks good !! I like the little elbow gussets .. neat job .

Paul from MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: (pics) of my log arch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like it ought to work just fine. I bet you can cut into chunks right off the arch and not have to worry about pinching the saw or hitting frozen dirt either.

rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: (pics) of my log arch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

and i was expecting to see some nice polished logs made into an arch on a walkway entering a garden. man, words are deceiving, good thing we have pic's. good job though.

gtractorfan
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: (pics) of my log arch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a handy outfit. Seeing it gave me the idea if you were going to use one of these a lot you could use a hydraulic cylinder to raise and lower it like a wheel disc.

VAJerry
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: (pics) of my log arch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks good. Always wanted one when I was doing fire wood.

Mike (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: (pics) of my log arch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On my post below, I was just thinking that having the arch on the 3 point would prevent having to back a "trailer" around in the woods- here in western Washington, the woods are like a jungle, and you're lucky to be able to back a tractor up near the log, much less a "trailer". If things were a little more open, your rig would work fine.

gtractorfan
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: (pics) of my log arch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's another idea for hauling out smaller logs from wood lots. I made this trailer to pull behind the atv or garden tractor in their wheel tracks, rather long and narrow. In tight spots I push it in by hand and rehook. Front part I load pieces crossway, over the wheels the other way. Also have sideboards that drop over the uprights. Since these pictures I made drop on "fenders" to keep wood away from wheels.

Bryan inIowa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: (pics) of my log arch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

looks lot like mine , but I have battery mounted on it and 2000 lb winch. Atv or garden tractor can haul some big logs

prawnfarmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: (pics) of my log arch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good job, man! Very nice. I have an old hay bale elevator sitting in the fence row & you just made the old light bulb in my head go on.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.