Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Searching for Super Major Block or Parts Tractor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
C Holt
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Searching for Super Major Block or Parts Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Attempting to help my father locate an engine block to fix his Ford 5000 Super Major. I think it is a 1963 with the 4 cyl. diesel. I guess the original block cracked after engine seized. Suspect faulty oil pump. It sounds like all the other parts are available but the block is more difficult to find.
Any leads or suggestions?

Thanks,

Fordson5

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Searching for Super Major Block or Parts Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey I'm not sure where your located but T and H salvage in Pavo, Ga. has some fordsons in their collection. They may be able to help. 229-859-2643.

C Holt
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Searching for Super Major Block or Parts Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks. I will keep this place in mind. I'm writing from Ontario so it would be nice to try and locate one closer, if possible. I spoke to my father and he gave me this number as the block number (EIADDN6015). Eventually I may find one.

Richard Hare
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Searching for Super Major Block or Parts Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know it's still a long walk, but Donald Parkinson at British Tractor Wreckers, in Saskatchewan might have a block. (Nearly for sure)

Good luck!
Richard.

C Holt
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Searching for Super Major Block or Parts Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, I have looked him up and have sent him an email.

If anyone else has any suggestions, the too would be appreciated.

kborsch
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Searching for Super Major Block or Parts Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Farmland tractor wrecking yard in Oregon had a couple supers the last time I checked.

Robert Major
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Searching for Super Major Block or Parts Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi
Try Teeswater agro parts. It's a wrecking yard in Teeswater Ontario that is at least in your province. it is run by one of the Ireland brothers one had a yard in Moosomin Sask, but haven't dealt with him in a few years.
Regards Robert

Amatt NWOH
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Searching for Super Major Block or Parts Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am in Northwest Ohio (about 1.5 hrs south of Detroit/Windsor) and I have a Fordson Major Diesel parts tractor. I will get the serial number for you, but it is a regular Major, about 1955, so I don't know if the block will work with a super major. Maybe I'll get some pics too.

Amatt NWOH
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Searching for Super Major Block or Parts Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is a pic of the serial number tag (1330248) and of the engine. Let me know if you think it might be of use.

Lamoca4

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Searching for Super Major Block or Parts Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Amatt NWOH would you be willing to part out you Fuel Filter Assembly form your Fordson Major Tractor. If you please let me know

Amatt NWOH
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Searching for Super Major Block or Parts Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lamoca4,

I'd be happy to sell it to you. I haven't looked inside it to see in what condition everything is, so it will be as is. My e-mail is open, send me something and we will figure out the details.

Thanks.

Dave Panning
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Searching for Super Major Block or Parts Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ford made lots of changes on these blocks over the years. I have one from a 1963 model or so. Mine is cast# E1ADDN6015E. Do you have a cast# on yours? Give me a call or email me. Thanks, Dave
Panning Bros Tractor Parts
Gibbon, MN
800-635-0993

64 Super Major
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Searching for Super Major Block or Parts Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can anyone help me get my hand on a 5000 super major three point housing and draft control. I have a Super major with a backhoe attachment. Ot doesn"t have the housing cover required for a three point to be operational. I need everything from lift arms to draft control and housing. I am assuming that all the internal hydrolics are there. If anyony has info they think i could use please let me have it. Thanks

monty ratliff
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Searching for Super Major Block or Parts Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Amatt NWOH wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:21:17 04/25/12) I am in Northwest Ohio (about 1.5 hrs south of Detroit/Windsor) and I have a Fordson Major Diesel parts tractor. I will get the serial number for you, but it is a regular Major, about 1955, so I don't know if the block will work with a super major. Maybe I'll get some pics too.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Fordson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.