Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Early 1900's Farm Equipment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilberton
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Early 1900's Farm Equipment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sometimes its just to much to keep up with the trimming. Pictured are a JD sulky plow, Dane Steel Safety corn cutter, #7 International mower, an IHC manure spreader, and an IHC corn binder.

Dick2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: Early 1900's Farm Equipment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We used that type of equipment until after WWII. Dad sold the last team of horses in 1950, but they hadn't done much the last 2-3 years that we had them.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: Early 1900's Farm Equipment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The only thing in that list that my friends do not use today is that corn cutter. Curently working on rebuilding a McCormick Big 6 And No. 9 Mower to go back in fields, 2 Black Hawk corn planters '1 with horse toung', several steel wheel hay rakes and a steel wheel grain drill with spreaders setting in the lineup to hopefully get to next year.

Wilberton
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Early 1900's Farm Equipment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I also have a couple of steel wheel grain drills, an oliver corn planter, a Case grain binder, a JD check wire planter, 2 JD sulky plows, horse cultivator, dump rakes and a wooden wheeled hoe drill. Need to re-build the barns lean-to to store them in. Got the posts in the ground for that. While I have all the wooden stuff stored inside, it would be nice to put all of it in storage, out of the weather.

Wilberton
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Early 1900's Farm Equipment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd like to see that

BoonvilleKid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Early 1900's Farm Equipment Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I guess I was kinda raised in the hay field. When I was a baby my Mother drove a team of horses pulling the buckrake. I was just a baby so she would tie the baby carriage to the buckrake where it would be pulled backwards. When I got real hungry (she breast-fed me), she was agile enough that she could breast-feed me and still drive the two horses - she never stopped. Of all of the haying equipment, nearly every item is still around, although scarce, even the old Alfa-Fedan horse driven hay baler. But, one hardly ever sees an old buckrake. Just too much wood to rot away, I guess.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.