Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wheel Rims for a Leyland 154 Tractor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TwinCreek
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Wheel Rims for a Leyland 154 Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Leyland 154 tractor that has wide turf tires on it and I"d like to convert it to regular tractor tires. Leyland rims are hard to find. The rear tires will be 10-28 rims similar to what"s on an 8N. Problem is is that N tractors have 8 lug rims and the Leyland uses a 6 lug rim. What other tractors use the 10-28 wheel with a 6 lug rim?

Roy in UK
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel Rims for a Leyland 154 Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What do the centres look compared to say a Ford 9N or small MF or a Ferguson? I am just thinking, would it be simpler to replace the whole wheel?

TwinCreek
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel Rims for a Leyland 154 Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had in mind replacing the whole wheel. The Ford N tractors and the MF's have 8 lug wheel centers and the Leyland has 6. I am looking for a tractor that has 6 lug wheel centers.

Roy in UK
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel Rims for a Leyland 154 Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh yes I remember now! Many years ago we had a Matbro M40 4 wheel drive pivot steer forklift that used 4 of those 'drop hubs' and axles as fitted to the BMC Mini / Leyland 154 tractors. I have put loads of bearings, seals and at least 2 axles in those cos the damn things were no where near strong enough to use on a forklift.
I wanted to find a pic of that forklift to show you but maybe they all got scrapped. Good idea, really!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Lesser Known Classics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.