Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Earthmaster Hydraulic Pump

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patsdeere
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Earthmaster Hydraulic Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It seems there are 2 different sized seals for the hydraulic pump, one is #7443. Anybody know what the other one is?

Thanks.

greygoat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Earthmaster Hydraulic Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm a retired Railroad Locomotive machinist/
mechanic. But I was an Aircraft Hydraulic
mechanic in the military, and have "moonlighted"
in that profession for 40 years. I have never
heard of a "Earthmaster" hydraulic pump..so I
believe that someone else made a pump for the
Earthmaster brand. I've got dozens of parts books, for virtually every brand of hydraulic
pump ever made,(though I specialized in Vickers)
I may be able to help..but you'd have to identify
the original make and model of the pump. First..
is it a gear, piston, or vane type of pump ??

Patsdeere
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Earthmaster Hydraulic Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It has no markings other than 1 casting number (which I don't have with me right now). It is a gear pump.

MNGB
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Earthmaster Hydraulic Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pat the Hyd pump is an Adel the Adel numbers are on the CS end 42315-13 (a Garlock 122 or 140 may work) on the outer hand crank side the Adel number is 42315-14 another number I see is 42302-11. Here's a link to a parts print:
http://www.earthmastertractors.com/Technical/HydPump.html

MNGB
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Earthmaster Hydraulic Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You should be able to go to most any bearing supply and have them measure the ID the OD and the width of the seals an get a replacement.
GB in MN

oliver fan
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Earthmaster Hydraulic Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The tractor and the hydraulic valve were made by Adel Corp. out of Los Angeles, Calif. I think they also made the pump.

The Earthmaster part number is 18318 and the valve part number is 18583. I don't know if the Adel numbers are the same.

greygoat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Earthmaster Hydraulic Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I "Googled" Earthmaster, and, on the first result
page, found a "Earthmaster Research Group" which can answer your questions. Also...there are "OLD"
earthmasters, made 1949-1950..and NEW ones made Today by MAHINDRA. Which do you have?

Gene Davis (Ga.)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Earthmaster Hydraulic Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some years ago, I had the local bearing house gurus translate the seal I.D. and O.D. into a usable set of numbers and they are as follows.

National--471264-- .625 ID X 1.25 OD X .250 thick.
National--470954-- .750 ID X 1.25 OD X .250 thick.

One of these seals is slightly thicker than the OEM seal, but it worked fine and moved the wear groove to a different spot on the shaft.

Hope this answers your question. Thanks for asking this is what the ERT does.

Gene Davis Tennille, Ga.

Ian Beale
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: Earthmaster Hydraulic Pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Greygoat

Tried to send you an email but the protectors won't allow, so this is off thread.

Any info on shaft seals for a Hydreco 1512A13B12C7?

Email reply might work, depending on rules?

Thanks in anticipation

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Lesser Known Classics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.