Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cyclone Seeder--Today was My Day

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fergienewbee
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Cyclone Seeder--Today was My Day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Last week I went to an auction and dropped out at $65.00 on a seeder. Today, I got a better one all set up for a 3-pt hitch and a top link plus the instruction/seeding chart/parts list with all the hardware for $50.00. Can't wait to try it. Must have been my day.

They had one wagon with a couple of pieces made up for a top-link hook up, like you'd have on a carry all. They put them with some other stuff and it sold for $5.00. I bought the two pieces I wanted from the bidder for $2.00 and he got a deal on what he wanted. A good day for both.

Larry

maxwell99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Cyclone Seeder--Today was My Day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good show for you!!!!!!!

glad you got one and at a good price.

hope yours works as well as my little Garber Seeder does.

however, most times i go to a sale it seems people pay up to twice the price for old stuff.

most time, there are few true bargains, but it appears you got one.

again, good for you,

wish i had you bid on a 3 pt hitch post hole digger for me, it appears those things, both new and used are made out of some type rare metal.

Matt in TN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Cyclone Seeder--Today was My Day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can you elaborate on what exactly you mean by Cyclone seeder? I had one several years ago, but it was not much more than a canvas sack with a shoulder strap and a hand crank. You literally wore it. I can't understand how the Cyclone seeder company would make a three point hitch model out of canvas.

Fergienewbee
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Cyclone Seeder--Today was My Day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Matt;

The Cyclone seeder is a galvanized rectangular box that tapers in the bottom. One end bolts to the draw bar and the other is either attached to a top-ling or rods are bolted to the fenders for stability. A female end slides over the PTO and a bolt is run through a hole in the PTO shaft. That turns the metal thrower. Holds may be 100 pounds of fert or seed. Hope that helps.

Larry

GordoSD
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Cyclone Seeder--Today was My Day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had one rigged up for mounting on Atv rack and hitch. I ruined it by using it for fertilizer. Would love to have another but have never found one. Be thankful I wasn't at that action . I would have gone to 150.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Cyclone Seeder--Today was My Day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have one for several years now, got it at an auction. Have hated to put fert in it, but I have 600 lbs extra starter left over this year. Was talking myself into just using it for that....

Now you just talked me out of it again. :)

Thanks.

--->Paul

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Cyclone Seeder--Today was My Day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Matt in TN wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:47:59 05/19/12) Can you elaborate on what exactly you mean by Cyclone seeder? I had one several years ago, but it was not much more than a canvas sack with a shoulder strap and a hand crank. You literally wore it. I can't understand how the Cyclone seeder company would make a three point hitch model out of canvas.

I was picturing the same thing. I have borrowed one of those canvas ones from a friend twice for a little lawn work.

maxwell99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Cyclone Seeder--Today was My Day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

after using my seeder for fert.

i always give it a good washing, then pour about qt of used oil in it and soak all moving parts

it is stored in the barn, set up on blocks, so far each year its always ready to go.

i have an easyflow fert spreader but its 12 ft wide and takes hours to clean and oil.
too much work for my little corn patch.

Fergienewbee
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Cyclone Seeder--Today was My Day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gordo;

You would have won, although I was prepared to go $120.00. I about jumped up and down when the gavel fell at $50.00. I guess most guys were interested in the tractor collection.

Larry

DoubleR
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Cyclone Seeder--Today was My Day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got one I use for fert a couple of times a year. I wash it good, throw some oil on it here and there, and store it OUTSIDE upsidedown. to let the weather wash it off. I have had it since 1990 and its still in good shape.

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Cyclone Seeder--Today was My Day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What you had (Canvas type), we have always called a "FIDDLE"....
I have seeded Oats fields, when they were too wet to get on with equipment..
Clover, Timothy, Grass Seed..you name it, they work...!!!!
I need to replace some cloth on some of mine...Mice Love them..!!
Save some Feed-Sack Cloth for them....what your Wife has left over from making the Kid's School Clothes...

Ron..

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: Cyclone Seeder--Today was My Day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Never had the fiddle type, just the ones with the crank.

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Cyclone Seeder--Today was My Day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OK..!!!
The ones we use have always had a Crank and a Canvas bog on top for the seed....
I have to think it is the same thing..!

I do have one Metal one but it is heavier and not as easy to use either....

Ron..

Briar Hill Brittanys
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Cyclone Seeder--Today was My Day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's mine. The flex shaft has 2 allen head set screws clamping it down to the PTO. The later models had 12V motors turning the deflector. I found a NOS speed control for one. If the flex shaft on mine ever fails, I'm going to put a motor on it. Like others, I've used it to broadcast fertilizer and pellet lime. I hosed it down, then sprayed oil on it till next use. It's not rusting. Mark

gerrish
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Cyclone Seeder--Today was My Day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

do you have a seeding rate chart for this seeder as I have one like the one you show on the back of the ford tractor.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.