Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

$$ to overhaul SCV??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roger in Iowa
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: $$ to overhaul SCV?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

SCV on my 1971 leaks high pressure to marker cylinder on 7000 planter. Have to hold lever activated down to prevent marker from raising while planting.

How much is it going to cost me? Poppets, seats, etc, and labor (will vary I understand). Looking for ball park $$.

Thanks,

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: $$ to overhaul SCV?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Seems like the kit, maybe with cage, was around $100 a few years ago. Have you tried it in float?

jared in wi
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: $$ to overhaul SCV?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Poppets are around $50 a piece. Seal kit is about $50 as well. Four puppets are needed and one seal kit. Approx. $250 in parts, and the labor will vary, but will range from $250 to $350. Additional parts will vary depending on what is found once it is disassembled. Total bill should be around $600. Where are you located, I have many years of experience reconditioning these. Email is open if you have any additional questions.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: $$ to overhaul SCV?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Roger
Have you tried reversing the hose to the other side of same SCV?
RE10924 KIT, SCV OVERHAUL ADD 49.09 USD
AR86535 VALVE, POPPET ASSEMBLY ADD 52.00 USD 208.00 USD
R65501 SPRING ADD 2.95 USD 11.80 USD
*Total 268.89 USD

Roger in Iowa
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: $$ to overhaul SCV?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, I have tried the other side of the SCV. Other SCV has the same problem but double acting cylinder and larger on the lift of the planter doesn't cause as much of a problem.

No float position as mentioned as a solution. Is SCV linkage mis-adjusted. Or do they all not have float position.

2nd SCV is not original to the 3020.

THX

Mike Aylward
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: $$ to overhaul SCV?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Roger, there is a float position available on these tractors (and the older ones as well). Place the linkage rod at the SCV in the other hole, then place your lever fully forward. Mike

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: $$ to overhaul SCV?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Roger in Iowa wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:23:04 05/20/12)
No float position as mentioned as a solution. Is SCV linkage mis-adjusted. Or do they all not have float position.

Roger it's been several years since I sold/service 3020/4020 tractors but I think if you remove parts key #13 you can put SCV in float on a '71 3020

Mike Aylward
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: $$ to overhaul SCV?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim, I believe no. 13 is a rubber piece that locks the lever in place, such as using a hydraulic motor or a separate loader valve. It has no function on the float. This is done at the linkage of the SCV. Mike

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: $$ to overhaul SCV?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mike
You're correct thanks for correcting me. Oldtimers disease(CRS) got me again

Last edited by Tx Jim on Sun May 20, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.