Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Allis Chalmers 444 Square Baler knotters

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dubv
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Allis Chalmers 444 Square Baler knotters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Allis 444 square baler that had the knotter frame and bill hook go on me yesterday. I have been told that the knotters on the 444 are New Holland knotters...is this true, and if so, what era New Holland baler would have the same knotters? I know they are the "Deering" style, etc, but are they exactly the same?

Also, if not, anyone know of any parts sources for used knotters on the AC square balers?

Thanks in advance!

Dick2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis Chalmers 444 Square Baler knotters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My AC book says that the model 444 was made during 1970 and 1971. It is the same as the model 443, except that it has a 3-joint driveline.

gtski

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis Chalmers 444 Square Baler knotters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

New Holland 315 maybe more but sure of 315. Some Deeres are the same too. 336??

GordoSD
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Allis Chalmers 444 Square Baler knotters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can you post some photo's? Perhaps take the assembly down to the IH store?

dubv
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis Chalmers 444 Square Baler knotters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had the field mechanic from the CaseIH dealer out to look at it, he said it looked like a NH knotter but wasn't positive, the Agco dealer locally said Agco doesn't have a party number for it anymore. So, struck out so far.

GordoSD
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis Chalmers 444 Square Baler knotters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The IH mech said he thought it looked like NH, so take the frame down to the dealer and have the parts man pull up the schematic for a few NH balers

As far as the billhook, I have one nos IH from a pair for a 275 and I only needed one. I'll get photo for you. Send me your cel phone number private and I message you a photo of it.

MoMike
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Allis Chalmers 444 Square Baler knotters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You might Austins Salvage, Butler MO. Don't remember the phone offhand but he advertises on the AC website, not the one attached to YT. I bought a clutch pack complete for a 303 baler off of him this spring and he has a bunch of parts.

JDseller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Allis Chalmers 444 Square Baler knotters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The the JD knotter is their own so I doubt that it is the same. The NH 315 baler is much newer than his AC 444 so I really doubt it is the same either. Many knotters look about the same because they have to do the same thing. Tie a knot. I don't know of any company that bought just the knotter assembly off of another company. Some whole balers where just painted different colors but not just the knotters.

morgan in ar
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Allis Chalmers 444 Square Baler knotters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've seen ac balers with deere knotter parts on them. I've got a ford baler with some new holland parts on it. Most knotters other than early massey and ih are VERY similar. The knotter frames may be a different story. You may be able to get the frame welded. I would then check out some billhooks at the deere or nh dealers if you can find somebody with the time to help you.-Morgan

morgan in ar
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Allis Chalmers 444 Square Baler knotters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

also, I think the 273 nh would be in the same time frame, but I'm pretty sure that they all use the same billhooks.

dubv
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Allis Chalmers 444 Square Baler knotters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, I gave them a call today..sounds promising, I just need to get the casting number off my broken parts for them.

MoMike wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:38:34 05/31/12) You might Austins Salvage, Butler MO. Don't remember the phone offhand but he advertises on the AC website, not the one attached to YT. I bought a clutch pack complete for a 303 baler off of him this spring and he has a bunch of parts.

dubv
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Allis Chalmers 444 Square Baler knotters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here are a couple pictures of knotters on a 444 (not mine but a parts baler...unfortunately with broken knotters). I"ve tried numerous salvage yards I found listed on the AC boards, Agco parts dealer, CaseIH/NH dealer. If anyone out there has a knotter frame and a billhook for the Allis 444 square baler, let me know!
The frame has a stamp of RS 3770 on it if that helps.

georgeky
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis Chalmers 444 Square Baler knotters Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="JDseller"](reply to post at 07:46:26 06/01/12) [/quote] nearly all balers incuding the jd,nh, and ac use mccormick knotters parts for the ac knotters are the same and can be bought at any new holland dealer. been getting knotter parts for my ac443 and ford 530 from new holland dealer for years.tell them you want parts for 68 hayliner. they will fit and work correctly if adjusted correctly.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.