Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

deckover low profile trailers

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D beatty

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: deckover low profile trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'am looking to buy a 14,000lb. bumper pull low profile deckover with 20ft.deck and a 3 ft. beaver tail.I have kind of narrowed it down to Liberty Trailer, PJ trailer or a Johnson Trailer( known as Roadwarrior). These trailers are built alike and in about the same price range. I'am looking for input from owners of these trailers good or bad. Thanks

Butch -Ia
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: deckover low profile trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a PJ 20ft bumper pull before I got my gooseneck and it was a good trailer and pulled easy, Just not big enough. If you need it get the third ramp if you can.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: deckover low profile trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That 3 ft. tail sounds kinda short ? ours had a 5 ft. you don't want them any steeper then needed.

Ralph Bauer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: deckover low profile trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

even on a low profile, 3 ft dove/beaver is too short, 4ft+ at a minimum, 5' is better.
Just curious, but wouldn't it be better (for your circumstances) to look at a gooseneck trailer?

d beatty

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: deckover low profile trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On the low profile Liberty and PJ trailers the 3 foot beaver is standard equipment. The Johnson trailer uses a 4 foot but trailer set a little bit higher than the other two.I have seen a Liberty low profile setting next to a standard height trailer and if you put the ramps down on both off them there is very little differance in the pitch of climb to get on trailer. I'm going with bumper because it would be easier to move around the place if the truck is not available. Also if I would break down on the road all my freind are running bumper pull so I would have no trouble getting somebody to get trailer home.

bobs old iron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: deckover low profile trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have a MAY CO trailer that has run-over wheel-wells, can hold 3k, not a real low profile, has 3 ft dove, but have ramps to make up the 6ft needed for loading, only because of low deck..

FC Andy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: deckover low profile trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Question: How well does that adapter from gooseneck to fifth- wheel work? Does that eliminate some of the tippy- motion of the trailer when you hit a bump?

cd1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: deckover low profile trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

check out the PJ Buggy Hauler. It is not 14K but it is a about as low as you can get and still have full 102" wide and 20' long. I have one, I like it for most things.

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: deckover low profile trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would avoid buying any trailer with a ramp that looks like this one. They tend to kick up when you put a load on them. The knee support should be in front of the pivot not behind. I had to modify mine. Just my $.02.

bobs old iron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: deckover low profile trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

FC ANDY:::most of the goose neck trailers that have the round tube connectors, that hold the coupler in, can be removed and insert the fifth wheel pin tube in,,i hook it up to my 5th wheel set-up and it pulls and ride o-k...

mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: deckover low profile trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

With a fifth wheel, all that "tippy motion" turns into frame twist.

Meangreen
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: deckover low profile trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Take a look at this guy. Might find something that works better.

http://sltrailers.com/

44 massey
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: deckover low profile trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have an 18ft 7000lb PJ and really like it. Pulls very nice loaded and empty tho wish it was a 14000. It seems well built.

1 Dollar
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: deckover low profile trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's a 32+4 low profile gooseneck. On a deckover low pro I would want no less than a 4 foot dove.

BarryfromIA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: deckover low profile trailers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 20ft PJ B5 10000#. I pull it with a 3/4 ton Dodge and like it. Mine has 2ft dove tail and I can load a tractor off a good size hump in the yard with no ramps. The B5 and B6 trailers have drive over fenders.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.