Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mitsubishi BD2G

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack NE WA
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Mitsubishi BD2G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

New owner of a BD2G and need to replace the bearing in the front idler it is totally gone . Looking for a source for the bearing and what ever else I may need. Is this a big job? I can buy a complete idler assy. on ebay for $650. would rather just buy the bearings and race if possible.
Thanks for any help.
Jack

Frank Dodson
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi BD2G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try Rhine Equipment
Tacoma, Washington
253-536-0600
www.rhineequipment.com
Ask for Dave
They have many Mitdubishi dozer parts

AJ.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi BD2G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Now that you have a crawler you need to locate your local track shop you will need it in future,maybe they can repair your idler,you will need to split the track to remove the idler,usually a press is required to remove the guides,the idler axle runs in oil immersed bushes,seals on each side keeps the oil in,when a seal get damaged and the oil is lost failure of the axle and bushes follow,if its not wallowed out too badly usually a new axle,bushes,collars and a set of seals repairs them,if the damage is too much and the guides are shot a replacement idler would be best.
AJ

Jack NE WA
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi BD2G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I worked on removing the track yesterday with the
help of a neighbor that had previous experience
removing tracks. We were not able to drive the
king pin out so he advised to burn it out got the
track split and removed the idler. It is in bad
shape the shaft had some very deep gouge marks and
the seal were totally gone. I am in the process of
ordering a new idler and will be needing a new
king pin which I hope can be found.
I paid $5000. for the BD2G and $650. for a new
idler. I hope I am still ahead the rest of the
tractor in in pretty good shape runs good.
Thanks for the help.
Jack

JimInOz
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi BD2G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jack,
Check out the DOZER forum on Heavy Equipment Forums website...lots of small komatsu & Mitsubishi discussion there.
They are good little dozers.I would imagine that new OEM Idlers are around 2-3 grand.

Jim

imdjack
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Mitsubishi BD2G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, Frank I will give them a call

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.