Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Springfield 36

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Sliwinski
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Springfield 36 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello all, this is my first time posting, but I"m hoping someone can help me out. I have a 1963 Springfield 36 tractor I received from my father in law. It used to belong to his father, and I would like to restore it back to original condition. The major problem I have is that back in the 80"s, the original Briggs engine died and my father in law had a local shop replace it with a new engine, which obviously was not the same as the original. The problem I am having is trying to track down the original model and type for the Briggs engine that came in these tractors. I recently purchased a 1962 Springfield 36 someone had locally, but unfortunately it has the original Kohler engine, not the Briggs. I"m wondering if A) anyone out there has a Springfield 36 with a Briggs engine and can get me the model info or B) if anyone knows where I may be able to buy one of these old Briggs engines, running or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

joe fabregas

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: Springfield 36 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Use the search feature. There was just a discussion about Springfields on 4-6 on the Garden Tractor Discussion Board. See if there are any clues there. My Briggs was also replaced so I don't have the original numbers for you. Good luck! joe-

Dave Sherburne NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Springfield 36 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

this is one i gave to my grandson He is takeing the original engine off and replacing if with on from a craftsman. I sent him an email so he would check out your post and maybe help.

Paul Sliwinski
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Springfield 36 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dave,

That looks like the one but I'm not sure if that fender was original on the later models or if it was something someone threw one there at some point. Both of the 36's I have have steel fenders and a steel seat. If it has the original Briggs engine, that would be awesome. Please let me know if he still has the engine as I would be very interested in it, running or not. Thank you so much.

-Paul

LTD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Springfield 36 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is his grandson. I still have that Briggs around. I think it has valve or ring problems as it has little to no compression. I will get the numbers off it for you tomorrow. Whereabouts are you located?

Paul Sliwinski
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: Springfield 36 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm in Connecticut, around Hartford. Where are you located? If you'd like, you can give me a call, 860-982-1227. Thanks!

LTD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Springfield 36 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok, I got the numbers off it.It is Code 641026
Type 0125-01
Model 142701

Paul Sliwinski
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Springfield 36 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great! Thank you for your help. You wouldn"t want to part with that motor would you? I would be very interested in it as I would love to bring this tractor back to original. If not I understand. Thanks again.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Lesser Known Classics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.