Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TSC Majic paint any good?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeffery Rightmire
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: TSC Majic paint any good? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is this paint any good? It can be used with hardner I think. Would this be a good paint to repaint a ford 3000? I really dont want it to fade. thanks

CNKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: TSC Majic paint any good? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If the can says alkyd enamel it will fade if left outside.

730d se
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: TSC Majic paint any good? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I saw them reshelving over the weekend with Majic. Their other paint was Valspar which is some of the best. It is who makes JD's and others.
I am curious to see if we get less quality for the same price, or less quality for a lesser price.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: TSC Majic paint any good? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

havn't use dit.. tempted to try on a plow to see if it goes down as easy, lasts as long / price wise / economy.. etc. I havn't read the can either to check out the formulation.. but am guessing alkyd/syn, or perhaps AM alkyd .. if a premium alkyd..e tc..

Stephen Newell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: TSC Majic paint any good? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Most of the problem with an alkyd paint is the color. You could paint a gray or green tractor and not have it fade too bad, but if you painted a tractor that has red in the color than it's going to fade pretty bad. Then some alkyds are better than others with different results. If you would buy the best grade of alkyd paint from a major paint company like pitsburg paint or sherwin williams you could expect to last longer than anything Valspar or Majic makes. In my opinion the amount of work it takes to paint a tractor I would not use an alkyd at all. I would spend the money and paint it with a 2k urethane, which is an automotive paint. How many cars do you see that the paint looks bleached out?

northvale-PA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: TSC Majic paint any good? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just bought 2 qts of Valspar since it was 25% off. Years ago, Central Tractor sold BPS, which I liked. I do not like Rustoleum, except their rusty metal primer.

Harold H
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: TSC Majic paint any good? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is the Majic paint they are now selling supposed to be the equivilent of the regular Valspar tractor and implement paint or the equivilent of the restoration grade Valspar paint that they sold? I used the restoration grade Valspar which was an excellent paint in my opinion but their regular tractor and implement was a rather poor paint.

Harold H

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Paint and Bodywork All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.