Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

crankshaft for Tecumseh HH60

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
garycthatsme
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: crankshaft for Tecumseh HH60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This message is a reply to an archived post by jerry from e iowa on March 09, 2010 at 13:48:00.
The original subject was "Re: Tec. HH60 Con. rod availability".

jerry from e iowa, I"m looking for a crankshaft for an 8hp Tecumseh HH60 10511 5H engine mounted on a Troy Bilt rototiller. The Tecumseh part # for the crankshaft is 34872. If you have one, e-mail me specifics. Thanks

garycthatsme
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: crankshaft for Tecumseh HH60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

actually it's a crankshaft for a 6 hp tecumseh engine, not an 8hp. Sorry.

joe csuti
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: crankshaft for Tecumseh HH60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you don't get an answer from jerry,goto ebay & search item# 350577332801,see if it matches your's or ask seller pto shaft size & mod/spec# of eng(seller parting out an hh60),then goto link below & lookup eng in tecumseh eng section,check pn for crank to see if same pn as your's,tecumseh used several different pn cranks on hh60 depending on spec#.
tecumseh

garycthatsme
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: crankshaft for Tecumseh HH60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks - Joe Csuti

I went to the ebay item and there isn't any detailed information about engine spec # or part # or shaft size. Unfortunately when I tried to "ask a question" of the seller I got the following response from ebay.

"Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."

I realize there is nothing I can do about this, but it's a bit frustrating cause the crankshaft looks and sounds like it might be the right one. Thanks again.

Gary

joe csuti
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: crankshaft for Tecumseh HH60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was able to email seller,if your not registered on ebay or didn't sign in this may be why you got message.

I clicked on sellers handle & selected other from contact seller list,I asked about shaft diam/spec#,if he responds before end of auction,I'll post shaft size or spec# of eng.

LenND
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: crankshaft for Tecumseh HH60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have had good luck ordering Tecumseh parts thru OUTDOOR DISTRIBUTORS. Google it. I think they are headquartered in Alabama.

garycthatsme
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: crankshaft for Tecumseh HH60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Joe

I see under the Q&A list for "other" questions for this ebay item, that it certainly appears like you were able to ask a question for me and oregonduck1986 answered it.

Since it is not the same engine model # as mine, I still have a couple of additional questions to determine if his crankshaft will work for me, specifically the length of the drive shaft and the diameter of the journal.

However I still am not able to get a question through myself. I even called up ebay customer support, and they got the same error message I got when they tried to send a test message to oregonduck1986. So apparently he's not answering questions from them either.

So whatever you did, or whatever special privileges you seem to have, could I impose on you one more time to ask about the drive shaft length and the diameter of the journal.

Thanks - Gary

garycthatsme
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: crankshaft for Tecumseh HH60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks LenND

I tried OUTDOOR DISTRIBUTORS and they list the crankshaft as "Not Available" which is what I'm seeing from all of the normal parts distributers. I think a used one from somebody on e-bay is my best hope.

- Gary

joe csuti
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: crankshaft for Tecumseh HH60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

He answered me-shaft 3/4" diam,spec# 105106F

Sent him another email this morning,will have to see if he answers again,it's getting close to end of auction.

To clear up crank journal issue,now that have spec# of his eng,go back to partstree & look up your eng spec# and his,see if rod same pn for both.

dhermesc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: crankshaft for Tecumseh HH60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did he say if he measured it?

A lot of those old HH60s have the rod journal out of round and you can't turn them because there are no undersized rods - at least none that I have found.

garycthatsme
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: crankshaft for Tecumseh HH60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks again Joe - I did check the part # for the crankshaft for both mine and his and they're different. Does this mean that they are definitely different in size in some respect?

garycthatsme
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: crankshaft for Tecumseh HH60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's definitely the problem with my crankshaft. the journal is out of round, and I've broken two connecting rods as a result.

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: crankshaft for Tecumseh HH60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If I were you I would buy a replacement engine from the smallenginewarehouse. I bought a 10hp B&S from them in 2006 for my old tiller. I sold the 6hp engine for $65.00 and only paid $100.00 for the tiller. It needed new tines and seals under the tine holders. The engine also has electric start. Hal

1-800-321-6725

joe csuti
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: crankshaft for Tecumseh HH60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I haven't received an answer yet as to journal size.

I did some checking while waiting & found as you did that cranks are different pn's,also rods are different pn,the difference may be shaft diam x length,different journal size(width or diam)or possibly wrist pin size or rod length,the only real way to tell is have both in front of you & measure both,also unfortunately seller not listing old rod/piston for sale.

garycthatsme
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: crankshaft for Tecumseh HH60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hal - This may be my only option if I can't find a crankshaft that will work.

Don't spend a lot of time educating me, but how do you know what replacement engine will work. I'm thinking of at least two things to consider. (1) Making sure that the replacement engine will be able to be bolted on to the tiller "engine mount" exactly as before. And (2) making sure that the engine pulleys and the tiller pulleys "line up" after mounting the engine on the tiller mount, which sounds like this means the drive shaft length has to be exactly the same as before? Are there other things one needs to consider, and can the people at a place like small engine warehouse tell which replacement engine will work just be giving them the old engine model #?

Thanks for any insight you can give me - Gary

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.