Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TSC orange

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hadley
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: TSC orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anybody ever painted there AC tractor with TSC orange paint? I am going to paint my B and just wanted to know if there AC orange was any good?

steve(ill)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: TSC orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I used their "professional" series with the hardener to paint a trailer and a small Economy tractor. Both turned out nice. This is not PO1, i think its PO2, but looks nice and quality is decent.

steve(ill)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: TSC orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

42 x 72 trailer

John La Via
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: TSC orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I restored both these Allis tractors. The B on the left PO1 without hardener and the D10 in PO1 with hardener. The D10,s shine holds out longer. Both were painted years ago with TSC paint and spend alot of time in direct sun.

mdtractormechanic
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: TSC orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TSC no longer carries Valspar which is a good paint. Starting this year the new paint is Majic Paint. What I've been told is this new paint fades quickly, takes 2 to 3 days to totally cure, dries soft (rubber like), poor color matches, and with a tendency to wrinkle. This was told to me by many restorers.

Now I have personally used Valspar and it holds up well in abusive environments.

Pecosallis
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: TSC orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Beautiful colors. I do not have a Tractor Supply Co store close to me but I went to my True Value Hardware Supply store that caries Valspar Paints and gave them the part number for the AC orange and they ordered it with the hardner and the colors on my B came out great. The shine stays good too.

Paul from MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: TSC orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Most all of the TSC, Rural King, Etc. stores carry paint that's a pretty good match for Persian Orange #2, which is correct for 1956 or so and later tractors. If your tractor is older than that you need to get Persian Orange #1 from your favorite dealer. Many Allis's, including mine, show an awful lot of work and the wrong color paint.

mdtractormechanic
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: TSC orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TSC no longer carries Valspar paints as of this year. I would hate to see someone put all that work into a tractor and end up with a crappy paint job.

hadley
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: TSC orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Found some valspar and am going to use it. Thanks for all the info guys!

ASEguy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: TSC orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very nice job. looks great.

ASEguy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: TSC orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice trailer Steve. I wish I had one like it.

CTucker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: TSC orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

PO 2 was first used in 1960 with the D15.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.