Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

model D Allis grader/Blade info

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: model D Allis grader/Blade info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

am dealing one of these little blade and was wondering how hard are parts for it to get? engine sounds like the same as a WD45 so that is no problem how about seals hyd parts ect? are parts books available also? how does any one who has been around one feel about them any thing to look for thanks for all your help cnt

NCWayne
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: model D Allis grader/Blade info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't know much about them myself but I know alot of people that collect and use the old A/C equipment that would love to have a D or DD, so they must be pretty good old machines. As far as parts availability, on the older machines things like seals, etc were usually off-the-shelf items that can be readily crossed/matched by any reputible hydraulics shop when the need arises.

jm.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: model D Allis grader/Blade info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have bought and sold many in my life. The clutch and transmission are always the problem. Either engine gas or disel will do fine. I read another post that you were thinking about giving big bucks for one. they show up around here for 3 to 4 thousand quite offten. Things are great for grading the drive or so. If you get the one you are looking at the first thing you do is drain and flush the transmission, rain gets in the top and people never service the tns.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: model D Allis grader/Blade info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks for the info, this one has always been shedded he claims clutch is good and front end is good and tight I would much rather spend less on one for sure this one is 600 plus miles from me and I do have a good friend close to it that can check it out and haul it to me for fuel but I am very open to looking at a different one if you have one in mind again thank you for your help and advise I will go slow on buying this one cnt

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: model D Allis grader/Blade info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thank you I was hopeing they were some what std one thing I do like about it is the blade rotator has been converted to hyd rather than the hand crank it had when new, and they are claiming it to be original paint and always stored inside but I am a little hesitent on paying the premium price they are asking cnt

DiyDave

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: model D Allis grader/Blade info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What is the asking price? If you need parts, try Shephens Equipment, near Pittsburgh, PA.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: model D Allis grader/Blade info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

he is asking 8900.00

BCnT
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: model D Allis grader/Blade info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

if it has the Buda diesel make sure it will start without any help...ether,plugged in,etc...i'm talking overnite cold,so make sure it hasnt been started before your buddy gets there to check it out...another thing to watch for is cracked head...you could easily spend another 5 grand on just the engine if it has problems.
if its the gas engine,its still alot of money but engines are usually ok.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: model D Allis grader/Blade info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks it is a gas and a 1956 model, it has also had the manual blade rotator undated to hyd by installing a hyd motor cnt

DiyDave

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: model D Allis grader/Blade info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep, a bit high. I paid around 5K for my DD special, top of the market, about 7 years ago.

DonBC
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: model D Allis grader/Blade info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I paid $2900 for mine about 8 years ago and had it hauled from Saskatchewan to Vancouver Island on the west coast. It ran but had some issues that I had to repair that cost about $700 and I installed new tires on the drive axles. The drive tires should all be identical in size and condition as the 4 drive wheels are locked together. Engine kits and clutch parts are reasonable from the various Allis parts suppliers. Reproduction manuals are also available from the same suppliers. I have the original parts book that came with the grader. I would be interested in how they rigged up the power circle. Mine is a manual system with a spring loaded pin and a series of holes around the circle. I have added several modifications to make mine more user friendly and a power circle is the next upgrade.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: model D Allis grader/Blade info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

here are some pics of it as you can see she has all new tires and all rear ones match, but I do see both of the main lift cylinders are leaking and the guy said they were all good so I am wondering what else he is not being totally up front about all in all it looks real good for it's age and I know she's not new and far from perfect but at the price he is asking it should be very good am thinking about making a offer of maybe 6500.00-7000.00 what do you guy's think? I will have to pay freight on 650 or so miles also cnt

jm.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: model D Allis grader/Blade info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That blad deal is nice but lots of the latter ones had hyd. I can,t even think of paying $ 8,900.00 for the thing. It is one of the very first ones. As I said earlier nice ones running at auction around tehse parts bring anywhere from $ 3500.00 to $ 4500.00. For $8,900 I can find you a lot newer grader..

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: model D Allis grader/Blade info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have to agree with you it just seems to high, how far are you from me? with the frieght rate I can't go too far thanks for the advise I am in NE Wyoming also did you see the pics I posted of it? thank you all again cnt

DWF
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: model D Allis grader/Blade info Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can't believe that thing is still for sale. I live about 300 miles from there and went to look at it in Dec of 2008. It ran, but needed some fine tuning. I made an offer and never heard from them. Swartz is selling it for a friend. At least they could have called and said why they refused my offer.
Leave it where it is for that money!
I ended up with a Galion 503A with an IH diesel. I'm happy with it.
DWF

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.