Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

custom rods

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mm585
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: custom rods Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I posted an add a couple off weeks ago about rods for a moline project and got worked over pretty good for it. As far as im concerned picking up the phone and ordering a set of custom rods is the best way out.There strong, You dont have to do much reserch and all you need is a master card. Bolt them in and go, perfect. What my point was is that there have been several off the shelf rod and piston combos over the years that worked very well that didnt break the bank. Im sure im not the only guy out there who doesnt want to spend $2400.00 min. for a set of six rods. I know of several combos for oliver engines that have been bullit proof. back in the 70's I can remember the light weight super stock olivers running 300 0r 240 ford rods. I know of an 88 with 292 chevy rods in it, we have D19 allis rods and big block pistons in ours.H farmall rods and Rd pistons in an M, Ect. Ect. Im sorry if I have offended anyone by the thought of a good stong set up that a working man can afford. If anyone shares my views please speak up!

mightymolinekid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: custom rods Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There are a few rod/piston combinations that I know of that work. Most common though is a MM rod and custom pistons. I personally know of one puller that doesn't have MM rods or custom pistons, and its working out just fine.

klw445
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: custom rods Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You must have the wrong name too. The only reason I watch this site is occasionally one of the "right" people ask a question I am interested in, and they get the help needed. The other brands are much more informative and willing to share what they know. Just what I have experienced in the past. I am beginning to believe this same attitude is what caused MM to fail.

mm585
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: custom rods Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh, Im sorry, I didnt realize I wasnt one of the RIGHT people. Looks like Im the black sheep again. I Thought this sight was open to the public and not an exclusive club. WOW!

jd plowboy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: custom rods Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i cant understand why you people on these sites are acting this way. if a person wants to put his money and his time into something and he says he wants to do it a certain way why does he have to be criticized for it. if you want to help and say that you think it should be done this way to last or whatever the reason then do it in a nice way and if the person doesnt take your advice and it doesnt work or something happens to whatever he is doing then it didnt cost you anything for making a suggestion. it will be his money and time to do it again. i thougth this site was for suggestions and to help people not to say that you are stupid or stuff like that. i see why he gets angry and leaves these messages on here cause he never asked for what he has gotten in return. make suggestions and not tell him how to spend his money on his stuff. it will either do one of two things, work out or do it over again but let him make that call not someone else. just my two and a half cents worth.

mm585
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: custom rods Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks molinekid and plowboy!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.