Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D2 cat, does anybody know of a pony motor for sale?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deeretrax
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: D2 cat, does anybody know of a pony motor for sale? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello, one of my friends recently acquired a d2 cat that is missing the pony motor. I have not had a chance to run out and look at the machine yet but he says there used to be a battery on the "fender". Is there any chance this could've been converted to a direct start like you see with a lot of the older d8's? Just curious. He would like to get it restored but is there anybody around who has a complete pony motor for sale or any old salvage yard for crawlers? It sounds like its going to be quite the project but we will see. Any help is appreciate. Thankyou

wd9garymn

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: D2 cat, does anybody know of a pony motor for sale? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

don't know where you are located but several years back i got one for my D2 from kugler salvage at erhard minn. 800-874-2130. ask for JOEL. GOOD PEOPLE TO WORK WITH.

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: D2 cat, does anybody know of a pony motor for sale? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They are out there just getting hard to find. And yes it's very possible that it was converted to direct start. My SIL converted an old D4 to direct a few years ago.

Kuglers are indeed good people. I know them. In fact my SIL's brother is married into that clan.

Rick

Nebraska Kirk
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: D2 cat, does anybody know of a pony motor for sale? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is a salvage yard by Dawson Nebraska that has almost exclusively heavy equipment parts, dozers, scrapers, graders, cranes...etc...

Ken Albin Heavy Equipment
402-855-4415
www.kenalbin.com

Deeretrax
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: D2 cat, does anybody know of a pony motor for sale? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good morning everybody. Thank you so much for the information everybody has shared. Hopefully we can make something work and get the old cat up and operating. Thank you for all of your help

dpendzic
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: D2 cat, does anybody know of a pony motor for sale? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It could have been converted to direct electric start-there would be a starter or hole for a starter in the bell housing below the pinion assembly. Pony engines that had electric start had a battery box on the fender also.

Karl Darwin
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: D2 cat, does anybody know of a pony motor for sale? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I recently traded my D-2 for excavator work. The new owner pulled the pup motor and installed an electric start and an alternator. As far as I know it"s sitting in his "parts pile." It needed a rebuild, but I could make it go when I had it.

donol60
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: D2 cat, does anybody know of a pony motor for sale? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

HI,Deeretrax: I have a pony motor for sale,turns over good,missing the magneto,still bolted to the main engine.I have the main engine-pony-transmission-differential all in one unit at this time,it is a 5J series. Asking $500 for all or $200 for pony,located in upper Michigan

LazyWP
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: D2 cat, does anybody know of a pony motor for sale? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think I have 1 complete, and 1 parts pony motor sitting in the shop. I would make a real good deal on them. I'm in North Central Nebraska.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.