Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

find used truck.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gold-Leaf-Deere
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: find used truck. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have looked for a 2008 Dodge 1500 mega cab for two years, any ideas as how to find a nice one. I have a 1997 Dodge Diesel that I bought new, just don't need it any more since I sold my Gold-Leat-Deere hauling trailer. Sort thought the 2008 would ride better for this old man, Thanks.

mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: find used truck. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

FYI, the 1500 Mega Cab has a 2500 chassis underneath. It has the 2500 frame, 8-bolt wheels, slightly softer springs, no diesel option.

The MegaCab is so heavy that it would exceed the GVWR of the 1500 chassis, so Dodge never made a true "1500" version.

Even so, I haven't seen very many of them. You just have to keep looking.

Gold-Leaf-Deere
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: find used truck. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I realize that the 1500 is basically a 2500 with less spring, also the 1500 Hemi has the 4-6-8 engine and the 2500 Hemi has the 8 cylinder Engine at all times. From my investing the 1500 will beat the 2500 by about 2 MPG on the highway.

Gold-Leaf-Deere
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: find used truck. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I realize that the 1500 is basically a 2500 with less spring, also the 1500 Hemi has the 4-6-8 engine and the 2500 Hemi has the 8 cylinder Engine at all times. From my investing the 1500 will beat the 2500 by about 2 MPG on the highway.

marloweg

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: find used truck. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Google it i found a bunch

ericlb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: find used truck. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i dont know about the dodge but we had a caddy back in the early 80's with a 4-6-8 engine, decent mileage, until... the car got a bug and would try to start on 4 cylinders when it was cold outside, and that wont work, we finally got rid of the thing, i understand that was quite a problem with those,

farmer boy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: find used truck. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I see prices arund you are in the 25-27000 range. Here(Ontario) those trucks, some with simliar miles are going for 18-19000. There's 7 on kijiji in the province. Not saying you should import one, but you should consider(if you haven't already) a wider search area. If you can find the time to make a little road trip, line a few up to look at and check them out. From what I understand about those trucks, they still have a solid front axle, so it won't likely ride as nice as IFS.

26Red
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: find used truck. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

cars dot com has a couple of 1500 megacabs listed.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.