Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

74H Picker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oliverkid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: 74H Picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi guys, this summer I bought a beautyful compleatly origional always sheded 74H picker for 100 bucks. It was mounted on a 1600. My question is, will that sub frame bolt to any 4 digit with the pads on the frame. I would like to find a nice origional 1800A to put it on but I didnt know if that frame would only fit a 1600, 50, 55.

J. Schwiebert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 74H Picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well I think it will.We put a 74 Picker on a Fleetline 88 by modifing a sub frame and also one on a Super M Farmall. How soon do you want to do this? I probably have some instruction sheets yet on the mounting the 74 picker on different tractors.

oliverkid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: 74H Picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not any time soon. I have to see what the money situation after harvest looks like since im in college now. Right now im starting to hunt for a decent tractor to put it on. I really want an 1800A gas narrow front but I would take a 1650 gas. Preferrably a nice origional so it will match the picker.

rustyplow
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 74H Picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 74 that came off an 1800,so they will fit. The owner said it was a tight fit. I bought a 1550 to put it on. 7 years ago. Someday I might get to it Smile Come to think of it, it came from somwhere down by you I think. Reading Mi?

rustyplow
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 74H Picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

John , if you have extra mountig intructions you would let go, or copys I would like to get them. Someday I would like to get mine mounted on either a 1550 or an 88.I actully have two. An oliver 74 and a cockshutt 74. Jody

PaulCa

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 74H Picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How about putting it on a cream and red Cockshutt 1600 gas with a narrow front?

oliverkid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 74H Picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It would be kind of cool but a Cockshutt 1600 is rare enough I wouldnt want to hide it under a picker. Plus I probably couldnt afford it, they seem kind of pricy and at 18 years old and in college, I cant spend crazy ammounts of money. Kinda sucks!!

grease monkey

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 74H Picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i worked at oliver dealer in early 70 in ky.the only diferant in the 1600 and 1800 is the rear axle bracket

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.